Full beam adjustment..

Garage told me today that they dont actually alignfull beam, told them that it was like walking down a corridoor with a candle when on full beam with all the trees lit and to the sides but nothing ahead of the xenons. So ive ended up adjusting them myself against the garage door, hopefully now they are pointing forwards and ahead of me and not to the sky and one to the right.

Question to MOT testers or mechanics on here is: Can i align full beam with the headlight alignment machine thing?

They are not really adjustable on the garage headlight aligner. Full beam patterns are really a very personal and subjective matter. I would suggest that you find a country road and align them as to how YOU like them!

Hi Smstext

can it be, that your headlights arent correctly fitted in their rails? If so, the beam will be way out of the adjustment range.

Just try to pop the complete cluster out and refit it. Another problem can be the fixation of the rails. If this is loose or wrongly mounted, than your entire cluster will be pointing the wrong way.

Full beam can IMHO only be adjusted up and down. The only have one adjuster (at the back of the headlightcluster).