Slightly Over-engineered?

Just finished washing the Octy. Jet wash first, and had the rear wiper out, so I could get behind it. Suddenly it was on the floor! Jet had hit the end of the arm and the flimsy bit of plastic that holds the wiper on had broken! Now have the bits, held together with Super Glue, which never seems to work for me. Problem is that SWMBO will be using the car tomorrow, and, as I recall, the rear wiper is sometimes linked to the front. If the super glue fails, is there any way of disabling the rear wiper?

I know what you mean. There is a flimsy bit of plastic that locks the blade on the arm - exactly the same as on Polo etc., they break very easily.

Easiest thing to do would be to remove the arm from the motor spindle. Lift off the cover, pull off the washer nozzle and then undo the nut (12 or 13mm IIRC) and pull off the arm.

Get a new blade of eBay (Bosch) they come with that plastic clip - its the same part as the Mk5 polo etc etc IIRC.

The rear wiper comes on if reverse is selected while the wipers are in auto or the intermittent mode. If they are completely off there is no reason for the rear wiper to come on.

Not sure if the rear wiper is on its own fuse, check in the manual.

Thanks Guys. At the moment the supe glue seems to have worked, for the first time in living memory!

Hopefully, even if it fails the bits are wedged in tightly enough to stay put!!

Errrrmmmm :rolleyes:

You can get one from a Skoda dealer for about £6!

Don't know exactly but I got a rear wiper and 1 litre of washer fluid for £8.99 last November

Errrrmmmm :rolleyes:

You can get one from a Skoda dealer for about £6!

Don't know exactly but I got a rear wiper and 1 litre of washer fluid for £8.99 last November

Yer, but it's 10 quids worth of fuel to my nearest dealer!