New Octy vRS owner

pcorbridge

Purchased new Silver Octy vRS with parking sensors and cruise control. Only 2 weeks from order to picking up last Friday (17/09) - and the options were factory fitted as well.

Obviously taking it easy but so far well impressed with everything :thumbup:

Still can't get my head around the Climate Control and Cruise Control no matter how many times I read the manual...Still I'll get there, but any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Found this site extremely useful, so everyone keep up the good work!!

Welcome and nice choice of car if you can't afford a 4X4 Estate. :wave:

Try reading my explanation in post 6 here if Climatronic operation confuses you.

Cruise is equally straightforward if you dispense with the frills. To switch cruise control on, move the sliding switch (A) on the front face of the stalk to the left (away from the steering wheel) and leave it permanently in the centre spring-loaded position it will now be in. (The button can be moved left or right about that position without switching cruise control off.) Accelerate to the desired speed then press the button (B) on the end of the stalk briefly to set the cruise control to maintain speed. If you want to accelerate, to overtake for instance, then use the accelerator as normal. When you release the accelerator, the car will resume the set speed. To disengage cruise control either press the brake pedal briefly or move button A briefly to the right. Having braked or slowed down, the set speed can be resumed by moving button A briefly to the left. If you want to set a new speed, it is best to disengage the cruise control first then accelerate or decelerate to that new speed before pressing button B again. I have found that for small speed adjustments, if I do not disengage cruise control first - which clears its memory - it sometimes remembers the 'old' speed when button B is pressed to set the new speed. Hope that helps. :)

Welcome and nice choice of car if you can't afford a 4X4 Estate. :wave:

Try reading my explanation in post 6 here if Climatronic operation confuses you.

Cruise is equally straightforward if you dispense with the frills. To switch cruise control on' date=' move the sliding switch ([b']A[/b]) on the front face of the stalk to the left (away from the steering wheel) and leave it permanently in the centre spring-loaded position it will now be in. (The button can be moved left or right about that position without switching cruise control off.) Accelerate to the desired speed then press the button (B) on the end of the stalk briefly to set the cruise control to maintain speed. If you want to accelerate, to overtake for instance, then use the accelerator as normal. When you release the accelerator, the car will resume the set speed. To disengage cruise control either press the brake pedal briefly or move button A briefly to the right. Having braked or slowed down, the set speed can be resumed by moving button A briefly to the left. If you want to set a new speed, it is best to disengage the cruise control first then accelerate or decelerate to that new speed before pressing button B again. I have found that for small speed adjustments, if I do not disengage cruise control first - which clears its memory - it sometimes remembers the 'old' speed when button B is pressed to set the new speed. Hope that helps. :)

Welcome !

Also the Cruise Control can be disengaged by using the clutch pedal also.