Mk 2 Octavia VRS TFSI induction

vrsolly

Hi there.

Had Bluefin Stage 1 on my 2007MY for 2 months now and I love it. Stuck to rear bumper of 420bhp S-Type R at the weekend - which I loved as I am a Jag mechanic.

I just wondered if anyone out there has fitted an improved induction system from elsewhere in the VAG group ie Cupra, TTS, S3. It may seem crazy but I like the factory look under the bonnet and I gather that the higher output TFSI has a different induction system.

I fitted a PD160 intake to my Fabia VRS and that made a slight improvement whilst maintaining the factory look.

If not then it will have to be an aftermarket kit - what do you recommend.

Thanks

PS - When budget allows then its a full stainless and Stage 2 map!.:)

All the cars you list have the same engine cover/airbox except the TTS which, if I am correct, uses a 5 cylinder engine.

Try a search for Neuspeed P-flo or my personal favourite EVOMS.

Thanks for that info regarding the models I listed. I did just check up on the TTS - it does still use the four cylinder engine and looking at the picture on Audis website it looks like it has a different intake. To quote Audi ' improved exhaust and induction' so perhaps there is a possibility there. I now its only been out for a few months so I may be better asking a technician at an Audi franchise.

I will post any info I get.

You can fit the HPS CAI without any problems. It is a true cold air intake system designed for 2.0 TFSI and all parts fit without no problem. Me and one of my friend from Ukraine have it on our octavia RS and we are so happy with it.

Here it is (166 dollars) eBay Motors: HPS Air Intake Kit VW 06-08 Golf GTI MKV 2.0T Turbo (item 130301788978 end time May-21-09 21:36:36 PDT)

87-125-SR_installed.jpg

Stuck to rear bumper of 420bhp S-Type R at the weekend

Should this be 240bhp?:confused: :confused:

If you get EVOMS you can modify the engine cover to maintain the OEM look

See this pic

DSC00797.jpg

Also in my personal opinion its the best in terms of looks, gains and sound

Carl :thumbup:

If you get EVOMS you can modify the engine cover to maintain the OEM look

See this pic

DSC00797.jpg

Also in my personal opinion its the best in terms of looks, gains and sound

Carl :thumbup:

Agreed, i have the Nuspeed P-flow which is virtaully the same layout of pipe as the Evoms and modded my engine cover at the weekend. Looks factory fit now and i also managed to keep more of the cover then in that pic and keep most of the bottom section so it is stil mounted using the 4 rubber holes. Easy job really, just plan it before you start as a mistake could mean you just ruined your cover.

Ron

~NEW~ Air Induction Kit - VW Golf Mk5 Gti 2.0 FSiT on eBay, also, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 21-May-09 13:46:07 BST)

I saw this a while back, its bloody cheap and the pipe work seems to be a copy of the Nuspeed/Evoms layout but i have no idea what quality the filter is. Even if the filter is rubbish you can always buy an off the shelf 3" filter to replace.

Never tried this so I'm not recomending it personally.....might be worth a try for that price!

Ron