Bluefin Superchip & DSG

With regards the brand new CR diesel and the current PD diesel what are peoples opinion of the setup with Bluefin? Does it effect anything with DSG in the way the car works as a full automatic and with the semi-automatic? I appreciate the CR isn't out yet but has anyone heard a rumoured output thet the new CR may give when chipped?

Edited by Moley RUFC

Will the chipping company warrant the gearbox once a remap is installed? Bear in mind a new one is at least £4,000. A basic repair is upwards of £1,500.

DSG remaps have been limited due to potential problems.

VAG have had over 250PS from the 2.0TDi - one with about 200PS will be the next step from the 170.

from reading other threads the golf gti dsg has had some serious tuning done to get the power figures well above 300 and torque well outside of the gearbox spec all without gearbox problems so far,

reason i mention the golf, the dsg has been available a lot longer, torque is the limiting factor with the box but then again it handles the passat r36 with 300bhp and thats running right on the limit of what VW say it can handle and its driving 4 wheels

As long as the Superchips or another has a comprehensive warranty system then it should be fine. I'm always a little cautious with this though and can imagine them saying ''Oh yes we cover all of that but just not the bit that broke''