Central Locking Issue Diagnoised At Last!!!!

Righty!

Few of you may remember me rollocking on about the fact my drivers door central locking was failing to work properly.

I had this from a vag com diag.....

VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-US

Control Module Part Number: 1C0 959 799 B

Component and/or Version: 3Y Komfortgerát HLO 0004

Software Coding: 00259

Work Shop Code: WSC 73430

Additional Info: 1U6959802D 3Y Tõrsteuer.FS KLO 0202

Additional Info: 1U6959801D 3Y Tõrsteuer.BF KLO 0202

Additional Info: 1U0959811D 3Y Tõrsteuer.HL KLO 0202

Additional Info: 1U0959812D 3Y Tõrsteuer.HR KLO 0202

2 Faults Found:

00928 - Locking Module for Central Locking: Front Driver Side (F220)

27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

00943 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs

35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent

Well I had the car in for a bit of a service today and asked for the dealer to take a look, I know people that work there so i understand the truth was being told.

Basically they'd diagnosed it as water getting in over time and the wireing loom and window motor to go funny.... which confused me as all of the windows along with everything else OTHER than the central locking on the drivers side is working fine.

When asked how much i was looking at for a new loom along with window motor module i'd be looking at 300-400 quid parts and labour.

Now the window motor module confuses me a little from the point of view that they all work fine at the moment!

Before shelling out i think i'm definetly going to have a look at cleaning up the loom contacts.... its just what if anything has to be replaced.

I'm a tad naffed off at the manufacture to be honest - the car is just under 3 and a half years old so wouldn't expect something like this to happen! :thumbdwn:

Has anyone repaired this before? Surely even if i do shell out the same thing will happen in a year or two again when the water causes the same issue too!!!

take the door panel off, and release the plug that attached to the bottom of the window winder motor - I bet you find that some of the pins have corroded away - I did.

I soldered a few new pins in, repaired the wiring loom (the connectors that the pins go into had corroded as well) and now it works!

take the door panel off, and release the plug that attached to the bottom of the window winder motor - I bet you find that some of the pins have corroded away - I did.

I soldered a few new pins in, repaired the wiring loom (the connectors that the pins go into had corroded as well) and now it works!

Awesome mate thanks :-)

Is it clear where the source of the wet comes from - presume its just down the window seal and can't be prevented?

Awesome mate thanks :-)

Is it clear where the source of the wet comes from - presume its just down the window seal and can't be prevented?

Yeah, it is just down the window seal - a few people on here have commented on spraying something like damp start or one of those water repellant sprays that we used to use on the coil and electics of old minis (can't remember the name) just to stop damp getting into the plug and wires...;)

It's with them saying that the whole loom needed doing that worried me, if the windows and other locks etc are working fine though i figured as much. I'll have to take a look when we get some more decent weather!

I had this problem with a 1.6 01 octavia and an anti damp spray and cleaning the pins cleared the fault long enough for the water pump to blow up!

Mine showed slightly different symptoms of the passenger door never locking correctly and a few other oddities, as mentioned on a few threads the connector / pins were very water logged and corroded.

Glad to hear you got to the bottom of it.

I had this exact same problem, ended up butchering a breaker car and putting it onto mine. but as it had canbus wires in it, I got some a bit wrong and the electric mirrors dont work!! I also got a new window seal and protected the plug inside the door using some plastic and a rubber band to stop any future problems.