Fabia vrs wrong engine oil at dealer service?

Hi,I have owned a fabia vrs se from new and have had no problems with the car whatsoever.The car was serviced today by a main dealer and when I looked at the invoice I noticed that they filled the engine with Castrol Magnatec 10w-40.Looking at last years invoice I can see that they filled it with 505/01 5w/40 oil previously.Before I make an idiot of myself marching back into the garage could anyone out there just verify that they have put the wrong grade oil in.Ps they charged me nearly £250 for this service!

Many thanks,I guess all will be well if its drained with new filter and oil?

yes all will be well if its fully drained and replaced with the correct spec oil. 5w 40 for the PD engine. 505.01

Just make sure its done as quickly as possible as using the wrong oil can put alot of wear on the engine and quite possibly the turbo.

a garage did a similar thing to my dads saab 9-3 turbo and used mineral oil on it. I found out and went back there and got them to both refund the oil+filter.and had it changed to the correct stuff. its amazing how mistakes like this are made either by accident or ignorance.

One time i went to HIQ in orpington and they told me they put 10w 40 semi synth oil in EVERY car they service.very worrying.

I hope to get back to the garage in the next couple of days. I have owned a Skoda for the past 6yrs and this is the first problem I have had so I guess I have been lucky or the product and dealers are generally pretty good.Will let you know how I get on.

I did think of that one but they charged me a total of £21 for oil today and £41.96 last year which does point to using an inferior oil, but I guess if they say its just a 'typo' I won't be able to prove the grade of oil in the sump without going to a lot of trouble and expense.

I had my 20,000 service today - what I did notice was the Oil they left in the boot was Castrol - I always thought they used Shell - as it is recommended with all the literature you get. But obviously not.

wow £250 for a service, jesus christ i knew main dealers were expensive but thats ridiculous, i paid £120 for my services. i couldnt trust my main dealer filling my washer fluid let alone servicing it, hope its just a misprint on your receipt mate, think you should try blag a free service out of them for the inconvenience

Well, managed to get up to the dealers this morning and after checking the job card and speaking to the mechanic who did my service I am satisfied that they did use the correct grade of oil in the car but the lass who typed up my receipt made a genuine mistake. I suppose I should count myself lucky they didn't charge me more for the dearer oil! Anyway thanks for the advice may even get to do another posting sometime but really rather crap with the old computer!

Skoda dealers should know that a PD engine uses 505.01 oil and my dealer invoices always say PD oil. Skoda have a tie in with Shell and the dealer should have a big drum of the stuff on the premises.

If they did put the wrong oil in, it shows either dishonesty or a lack of product knowledge. Get the Magatec out immeidatey and get the correct stuff in. The cam operated unit injectors operate at massive pressure and to make space the cam lobes are actually smaller than average so the correct oil is VITAL:thumbup::