OIL from Trade parts (TPS)

Hi guys it`s another oil question,I have had a price form my local VW, Skoda,Seat Tps , how is it that they can sell oil for the PD oil for fixed servicing for £15 and the long life stuff for £25 .My question is is it any good ,as the equivelant from Skoda is £12 a litre.Skoda want £100 just to drop the oil and filter for a 10,000 mile fixed service,credit crunch and all that can`t justify so gonna get a mate who has a garage to do it for less than half that .Your thoughts please.

thanks in advance

Edited by delta 1646
spelling

There is a lot of profit in motor oil (I know this from long business experience - don't let anyone tell you any different). If you buy 200+ litres then quality fully synth 5W-30 can go as low as £2-£3 a litre.

The stuff from TPS is just fine. Skoda dealers charge a lot like restaurants charge a lot for mineral water. You are paying for the 'ambience', the smile on the receptionists face and for having someone pour it for you....