How does Stream MP3 player work?

Sorry, probably a dumb question. The Stream CD/radio unit in my new (used) Octavia Ambiente says on it that it has an MP3 player. Please can someone tell me how this works? There doesn't seem to be any cable to plug an iPod in, or anything near the CD interchanger unit that suggests MP3 functionality.

It doesn't have an mp3 player - it plays mp3 encoded discs, which means if you record your music at 128mb you'll have room for about 12 albums on a disc.

The disc changer will only play ordinary music discs, not mp3

It can play music tracks burnt onto a CD-R that are encoded as MP3 music files.

There would be an AUX jack present if the jumbo box armrest is fitted, this is standard on the Elegance and L&K but not the Ambiente. It can be retrofitted though. its a 3.5mm audio jack where you can plug an MP3 player in.

but you can make a mp3 lead for a stream mp3 radio here is a write up i did and still works today in my car on my stream mp3 with my ipod: http://briskoda.net/ice-security-insurance/installing-my-mp3-kit-today/90871/

Dont use mp3 discs anymore as everything is on my ipod, its cheap and does the job the only other thing i would recommend is a ipod holder and put it by the stereo so you can see whats playing and be able to press skip etc. personally mine sits in the cubby hole behind the drinks holder between the front two seats.