Fabia 1 door lock removal

Hi all I've looked at the threads on Briskoda and I just can't remove my door lock. There is only one bung in the door side - with a torx screw behind it. Loosening this allows the door lock to move slightly (a mm or two) but it just won't budge. Any ideas? Must the door handle be pulled out (as if opening the door) all the time I loosen this screw? What position should the key be in in the door lock etc... help!

Edited by jahfish

There be to screws one above the other. Think its Loosen bottom one till you feal resistance and then top one but whilst holding handle out again till resistance and then put key in lock & turn one way or other till it comes out with a little pull.

I will check my haynes when the car gets back later unless anyone else bets me to it.

LOL found it in the house.

From the upper hole, unto & remove the locking screw.

Fully pull out the exterior door handle and hold it in that position, while at the same time unscrewing the lock cylinder locking screw using an allen key through the lower hole.

Stop turning when resistance is felt DO-NOT fully undo the screw.

Insert the ignition key in the lock cylinder turn it anti-clockwise from the exterior door handle.

Taken directly & word to word from the Haynes manual Octavia version but its exactly the same for the Fabia as I have done it on both of my Skodas.

Saying that I dont remember fully removing the locking screw (but I may have):rofl:

• 14 years later...

Hi Tech1e,

"You do need to hold the handle out as per the guide on here."

I have found that not to be true, the handle must be out.

here is a video I just made on stuck lock cylinder housing.

cheers

6 hours ago, Gman1978 said:

I have found that not to be true, the handle must be out.

That's what Tech1e is saying isn't it?