Maxi dot computer

I am taking delivery of a MK2 Octavia in about 8 weeks time. We have upgraded the steering wheel to incorporate the Maxi Dot computer. We have not upgraded the lighting system to Xenon. Will I be able to automaticaly adjust the headlights for continental driving I read in a magazine this week that you can on the Superb. Thanks. Norm

Hello Norm

I am not quite sure what you are getting at, but the maxidot is not a computer, its simply a display in the dashboard. Now in that display you might have several options depending on how you car is setup/built. I.E. if you have a SatNav installed you would have SatNav information shown in your maxidot display. So the steering wheel doesnt have anything to do with maxidot or computers :)

As far as I know, adjustment of lights for continental driving should be possible for standard lights and xeon's. Whether or not you can change them without leaving the drivers seat is another questions. I would guess it would be possible if you had xeons installed because of their fancy levelling system, but I'll leave that to others to answer.

In my car, which have maxidot and standard lights, I don't have the possibility to adjust lights for continental driving. I would have to get my hands dirty under the hood.

I assume this is a facelift car, I have not seen one of those headlights yet. On the pre facelift you needed to remove the headlight and flick a little lever inside the headlight for the conversion.

When it is specified the MaxiDot computer adds much more functionality than the standard trip computer, alarm arm/disarm pips and indicator flashes, cornering foglamps enabled/disabled (where fitted) and rain closing to name but a few. The facelift MaxiDot is an upgraded screen over the original and is still one of the best option boxes to tick :thumbup:

From the new Octavia manual:

Headlight

The low beam of your headlights is set asymmetrically. It illuminates the side of the

road on which you are driving to a greater extent. If you drive abroad on the other

side of the road, you will dazzle oncoming traffic.

In order to prevent the dazzling of oncoming traffic, it is necessary that an adjustment

of the headlights is carried out by your Škoda Service Partner. (Its actually a reasonable DIY job truth be told)

The adaptation of the headlight with Xenon lights* (applies only to vehicles which

are designed for driving right and left) is performed in the menu Setup (settings)

Lights & Vision (Lights & Vision) in the main menu of the information display*

Going by the information in the manual it would seem it is only possible when the AFS II xenon headlamp system is fitted. It is only standard on the L&K. Anything else will be via the manual adjustment in the headlamp unit itself.

The facelfit users manual is now available here: ?koda Auto - New Octavia

Edited by dstev2000