Smoother engine after getting stem replaced?

Hiya,

Strange thing happened today. Took my Skoda Octavia 2006 2.0 TDI combi which I recently brought to the dealer to get a faulty trip stem replaced. There as also an issue that a couple of times a parking bulb warning indicator came up on the dial, but then went away again - so I asked them to check that as well.

They replaced the stem so all is good there, and said they couldnt find any fault with th bulb or electric which is also fine.

What I did notice however is that the car is now noticably smooth when driving round town than it was before it went in. Before it seemed the DSG gearbox was having trouble finding the right gear when round town, and it certainly wasnt a smooth takeoff from start.

Anyone have any ideas what might have happened to get this improvement? Is there a known issue with a 2006 DSG gearbox that might have been fixed with a software upgrade? I guess I could just ask them what they did, but thought I would ask here first.

Thanks

Mike.

Hi there, what do you mean by "stem" exactly?

By the sound of things I'd say they had done a software update and Im sure this is indicated by a sticker thats placed in the boot iirc. Glad that it seems smoother at least. :thumbup:

Lee

Is there a known issue with a 2006 DSG gearbox that might have been fixed with a software upgrade? I guess I could just ask them what they did, but thought I would ask here first.

Thanks

Mike.

My Leon is an 06, and the DSG box has been flashed before I owned it- the flash counter gives it away.

Hi there, what do you mean by "stem" exactly?

By the sound of things I'd say they had done a software update and Im sure this is indicated by a sticker thats placed in the boot iirc. Glad that it seems smoother at least. :thumbup:

Lee

Sorry when I say stem, I mean the indicator that has the trip control and wipers on it.

Will see if I can find anything in the boot. Any idea where its likely to be?

Cheers

Mike.

My Leon is an 06, and the DSG box has been flashed before I owned it- the flash counter gives it away.

How would I find the flash counter? Or do I need a device to do that?

Thanks

Mike.