steering angle sensor!

hi boys and girls,

havin a few probs with my car still, finally got the revving sorted, ended up with a new waterpump, cambelt and acc peddle.. not cheap!

but my steering light keeps coming on, and headlights flicker, also steering goes heavy and then really light at times. im thinking it could be the steering angle sensor, as ive read it so many times on other forums. just thinking i should bite the bullet and replace it, rather than pay dealer to mess around again!!

so im after one if anyone has one they want rid of. please let me know!!

cheers

How old's the battery? I'd get that checked out first, as the PAS pump draws muchos amperios, and it may be that the battery can't keep up. IME, if the steering's OK when you give it some revs whilst manoeuvring (careful with the clutch! ;) ), then it's the battery. SWMBO's had this problem, and while the dead battery eventually gave other symptoms, the steering problems went with a new one...

If you get nowhere with that, vRStu did a guide on his website, which is probably suitable for any competent DIY spanner wrangler...

PAS Sensor Change fabia-vrs.com - The Comprehensive Fabia vRS Resource Site

I'd agree; the headlight flickering shows a very heavy draw on the alternator from some place, and the battery actually acts as a voltage stabilisor on cars with electric PAS.

Oh and I'm blowed if I can see what a cam belt, water pump, or throttle pedal would have to do with the engine revving itself up. The "throttle position sensor" might, but not the other 2, or the physical pedal.