The definitive suspension mods for a vRS?

I've just ordered my KW coilovers from JKM and I'm wondering what to get next?

I understand that I need to get a rear ARB, Neuspeed or Whiteline maybe?

Then I've seen people say they have got this bush and that bush (ooh err) but I'm not sure what ones to get?

One last thing, I think an S3 lower brace is advised. Is that an E-Bay job?

Thanks in advance, sorry for my dumbness yet again!

On standard VRS's the bushes are "just" about up to the job, but when you start stiffening up the suspension, adding rear ARB the bushes struggle. These are the Wishbone ones and FARB ones.

General concensous is for the Wishbones either fit SuperPro poly bushes or replace with the AudiTT solid bushes.

For the FARB Super Pro or Powerflex are ok for this.

There are a number of threads out there discussing this.

I also recently changed mine as I fitted a R32 FARB so whilst car in the air a few jobs were done.

This is that thread.

http://briskoda.net/octavia-i/r32-arb-diy-fitted-few-bits/148293/

As the the S3 lower brace not really that important but a few folks (me one of them) state that it keeps the front end tight.

Better off buying from Audi direct around 20 quid. They don't normally come up on ebay.

rgds

Mark.

Lower brace 8N0 199 403 B

Bolts for lower brace N 104 679 01 2x

Captive nuts N 909 147 01 2x

Cost me about 20 quid at the time.

Hiya Rob,

Knew someone had the p/n's somewhere.

How's your motor doing these days......

Brilliant! Is that the S3 lower bar numbers?

So I'll order -

-S3 Lower bar

-TT/Superpro/Powerflex front wishbone bushes

-Superpro/Powerflex front anti roll bar bushes

-Neuspeed RARB

-R32 FARB (maybe)

Thanks for all the help as usual.

Bowders are there any pictures of your car floating about mate? I'm from Portsmouth and I wondered if I'd seen it about :)

Oh, whats the dog bone bushes (that is probably very wrong!) that I've been seeing on peoples sigs?

You mean you haven't ordered these?:eek: (yet)

Powerflex dogbone mount bush is a replacement bush and helps stop wheel hop when setting off or when pushing hard,especially out of roundabouts.

Best fitting guide is here

OVD - Ottawa Vdubbing :: View topic - Mk4 Forge Dogbone Mount Bushings Installation

Brilliant! Is that the S3 lower bar numbers?

So I'll order -

-S3 Lower bar

-TT/Superpro/Powerflex front wishbone bushes

-Superpro/Powerflex front anti roll bar bushes

-Neuspeed RARB

-R32 FARB (maybe)

Thanks for all the help as usual.

Bowders are there any pictures of your car floating about mate? I'm from Portsmouth and I wondered if I'd seen it about :)

Hi mate probably seen my car then if you are around Portsmouth. I work in Xyratex(old IBM site) Havant.

here is some pics.

mini-SkodaPicsMarch09014.jpg

mini-SkodaPicsMarch09039.jpg

WeitecCoiloversfitted001.jpg

WeitecCoiloversfitted002.jpg

WeitecCoiloversfitted005.jpg

WeitecCoiloversfitted013.jpg

My mate was telling me about your car the other day, it must have been yours because he's described it too a tee.

''Nice wheels, really simple. It looks really smart.''

Sounds like it too me, I REALLY like it mate.

Good thing I didn't order those wheels though, I narly did!

My mate was telling me about your car the other day, it must have been yours because he's described it too a tee.

''Nice wheels, really simple. It looks really smart.''

Sounds like it too me, I REALLY like it mate.

Good thing I didn't order those wheels though, I narly did!

Cheers for the comments, I may be painting the wheels anthricite as they got a little curbed.

I know a few folks around pompey with VRS's and 3 guys work in the same place as me. You may know Tim with a Black 02 plate lives in North End also.

I've seen them around mate, I've only been into them for a while though. You've probably seen my mates GTI Anniversary with anthracite wheels and a bonnet bra going around. I nearly went for the MK4 Golf but found the Octavia nicer to drive.

Thanks for all the suspension help, I've just got to keep an eye out for an R32 front ARB as I can get the other bits new.

Thanks again.

Sorry to dig this up.

Can someone tell me the diameter of the R32 FARB??

I have one fitted and am just about to order up a full car kit of bushes from Powerflex and need to know the diameter of it and have completly forgot :confused::o

Cheers.

Garry

Sorry to dig this up.

Can someone tell me the diameter of the R32 FARB??

I have one fitted and am just about to order up a full car kit of bushes from Powerflex and need to know the diameter of it and have completly forgot :confused::o

Cheers.

Garry

I believe there could be 2 sizes 21mm and 23mm.

Do you have a part no.?

23mm if it's later one.

R32 bar should be 23mm according to dealer but check as some suppliers do list a 21mm bar too, the 21mm bar as far as i can tell is for the s3, this is the one i have and def lists as s3, but want to change to what you and others have.

R32 bar should be 23mm according to dealer but check as some suppliers do list a 21mm bar too, the 21mm bar as far as i can tell is for the s3, this is the one i have and def lists as s3, but want to change to what you and others have.

If it comes from a R32 it will be 23mm as although a number of alternatives seem to be listed only 23mm were fitted to these cars. The others were fitted to TT's, S3 and some A3 Quattros. Also believe it is the RARB that is 21mm on the R32.

The power flex P/N for the R32 FARB bush is PFF85-411-23

Thanks guys. Will get them ordered up.

For the record, these are the "new design" bushes so should not have the same problem as some users have previously experianced. Will let you know how i get on.

Kind Regards

Garry

Thanks guys. Will get them ordered up.

For the record, these are the "new design" bushes so should not have the same problem as some users have previously experianced. Will let you know how i get on.

Kind Regards

Garry

No, the FARB bush from Powerflex is ok and never been a problem. It is the Front wishbone rear bush that powerflex made that was the issue. Powerflex have changed there design on this recently and a few members have started to fit them. Jury is out as not enought time has probably passed to comment yet. As they were still new I decided to go for Audi TT solid bushes on my wishbones.

Got you :)

Thanks for that. Well i get a slight discount via work so will order them up and let you know how i get on.

Although as i only do around 3000 miles a year it could be some time before they are properly tested, lol

Garry