upsolute chip

True but, taking star's lower estimate, there appears to be as much as a 25bhp difference between the vrs and 1.8T engines after remapping. That can't all be exhaust and cat?

iep

fair one. most the places that Ive looked said the 1.8T would get around 195-205 and the vRS would get 200-215? random really.

I always thought that the 1.8T had the K03 on it and the vRS had the K03s that was the main difference. same as the Audi/VW/Seats.

still what this lad has got from his map is crap n Id go get my money back and not bother till I found somewere to do a custom job. but thats me as as Ive said before I dont like generic and never will again seen as tho for the same/ sim money for a good Revo/APR generic map you can go get a fully custom one.

billy

There were 3 vRS's at a rolling road day at Impossible last year that had Upsolute generic remaps, i think it was EMDRox, Ninja_VRS and one other, they barely made 10bhp more than standard. I'm not sure if it's a bad map or if it puts a lot of strain on components which then fail.

Yeah sorry, way of topic there. I'd agree that eNcode needs to go back to his tuner and have his money refunded and the car reverted to std.

There is of course the possibility that an underlying issue with the car has limited the remap's performance but you'd need to revert to standard and re-dyno to get a proper indication of that (assuming that it isn't currently throwing any fault codes).

iep

• 1 month later...

still not good

im on stock map

upsolute map is not good i m haveng AFR 17 on partial trothle, on full im geting 13 so i m missing fuel i do not know whats the problem now

agu engine is not good for tuning u are geting 190 bhp but i can get close to this only in my dreams

Hi everyone!

I am new to this board and the above discussion has piqued my interest! - I am looking around at the moment for a remap of my VRS from standard. Having been impressed with the upsolute remap on another make of vehicle it was natural that I would have gone to have a map put on the VRS. Obvioulsy the details in the thread are making me wary as I am less familiar with the VRS tuning 'foibles' shall we say. I would therefore welcome any advice and maybe find out who I should be going to for a remap for this particular car.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to contributing back in the future!

Guest westallc

stay away from upsolute chip there crap

go with one of the known ones but more expensive doesnt mean good

i would say one you cant go wrong with is either

unit 18 lummox and allytech off the forum pm them or

mike impossible performance

there are loads more but do your homework first and see whats best for your car wether it be a custom or a generic map etc etc

where abouts in the country are you ??

I'm up in sunny *ehem* Naaaarfolk, but have car, so will travel within reason when I'm ready.

Not totally sure what kinda map I need, but having pulling away and overtaking power is far more important to me than top speed etc. I don't mind if the acceleration isn't ultra smooth, ie if there is a hump in the boost, but obviously I'd prefer it to be smooth.

My VRS is an estate and I do sometimes carry gear in the back, so again, pulling power is a plus point.

I also don't need to squeeze every last ounce of power out of the car, I'd be happy with the standard maps around 212BHP (???) Mine's an Octy 1.

as said stay away from upsolute.

Also RS Tuning in Leeds are V V good. I got the custom job and the graphs are on the first page. Paul has played around with Fastkwak car, iirc he gettin around 200 bhp but 260+ lb ft torque.

might be worth a trip there mate?

sure Fastkwak will answer any questions mate.

billy

That's cool,

Obviously, I don't wanna tread on the OP's toes on this thread, but maybe it's advice that can help both of us!

Cheers, I look forward to finding out more.

Looks like all the puff of the turbo is used at first with 1.3 bar which is high and leaves nothing later on when BHP is produced.

a turbo doesn't have a certain amount of boost it can produce per minute or something, if a turbo produces massive boost low down that has nothing to do with what it does later and viceversa.