New vRS convert

ExiledScally

Hello there,

I've had my Octavia vRS since January 2004 and I can honestly say it's been the bargain of my life. I'd always been a little wary of the badge until a friend got a 1.9TDi estate. When my old thing was due for renewal (ok I blew the engine up :doh: ) I took the Octy for a test drive and was immediately hooked. I’d told myself that I was going to attempt to drive a really hard bargain with the salesman, but once he saw me grinning when I walked back in the showroom he knew he had me.

The look and feel of the car for the price I think would be difficult to match. My only issue has been the damn mats, they came away from their plastic clips after about a week and I now have a daily battle getting them into place, does anyone have a permanent solution to this, with having to fork out loads of cash?

The cars done about 20k and the front tyres are due for a change, it currently has Dunlop Sport 3000’s on, does anyone have any experience of decent replacements that come in around the

Try getting a length of self-adhesive Velcro - the hard 'hooks' side - from B&Q or similar, and sticking it to the mats. The carpet forms the loops.

Stopped the mats moving in my old Fabia, and didn't involve puncturing the carpet.

bryand