Woohoo, finally bought a vRS TDi

After a month of searching for the right car i've now put a deposit down on a '57 plate Race Blue vRS TDi hatchback to collect on Saturday morning :-)

She's got all the usual kit as fitted standard from Sept '07 plus reverse parking sensors & light sensitive mirrors so a good spec, although i'll be getting cruise control on there sharpish! For those that have done the retrofit is it cheap enough to get dealer fitted or is DIY much cheaper. I've got the ability to use a spanner set but not vagcom to program it!

Would post a pic but it looks like every other vRS in Race Blue!! Just cant wait to go get her :)

Its worth contacting VRStu about cruise - contact details on his website at Octavia-vrs.com

Came across his link & sent an email. My local dealer in Newbury quoted £200 to fit & program, but only £50 to program it if i've fitted it myself so could save a few quid by fitting the stalk myself! Will wait and see what price Stu comes up with for me :-)

Would post a pic but it looks like every other vRS in Race Blue!! Just cant wait to go get her :)

Which means it looks just like mine!!

Congratulations on the purchase, sure you'll love it. Don't know what you're coming from, but watch that second gear kick in, especially in the wet!

Happy motoring :thumbup:

Which means it looks just like mine!!

Congratulations on the purchase, sure you'll love it. Don't know what you're coming from, but watch that second gear kick in, especially in the wet!

Happy motoring :thumbup:

Last car was a Smart Roadster, a seriously fun car & pained me to let it go but with another baby on the way the missus Astra wont quite cut it as the family car anymore! Previous car to that was an Audi A4 3.0 Quattro so im used to a car with a serious wallop from the right foot, although the Quattro helped putting the power down!

But everyone Skoda is very important for us :) So we have to wait , and then you will post pictures :)

Congrats, enjoy

For the cruise retrofit, whereabouts are you? It might help people to recommend someone nearby.

Steve

A good point, should update my details! Im from Andover in Hampshire and will shortly be seen going up & down the A303 & M3 worrying the commuters that im secretly an undercover copper as there's a couple of race blue hatchback vRS deployed by hampshires finest along this stretch of road!!