11-13 September the White Horse Camp Meet

sms

11-13 September 2009, the White Horse Camp Meet at:

Britchcombe Farm

Uffington

Faringdon

Oxfordshire (Browse area)

SN7 7QJ

At the moment the price is £6 per night per adult and £3 per HC and free for dogs, this site is a nice quiet site compared to the last one and is family run by a friend of the family, we will try and contact them this week to see if they can do us discount.

Payment to be made on arrival, they do have electrical hook up in one field, BUT its outside the tearoom and this is where people park for their afternoon teas, however the field we are looking at is right under white horse hill and away from everyone.

There are some great local roads to drive (look at google earth of the area);) and when it turns dark we can (if you want to) go ghost hunting on the ridgeway which is meant to be spooky.

There are many reviews on this site and so far not a bad word to said on it, so we will start the list as:

1. smstext+sinister 2 adults, 1 child and one dog

Edited by sms

facilities are portaloos in all fields, shower and toilets at the main farm, fresh water in all fields and the ability to have proper camp fires with the site supplying wood (a huge bag) full of wood.

Nice one Alan, this one i can promise will be a relaxed nice weekend and not have the annoyances that came with last weekends camp. I will need rough numbers by the weekend so i (sorry get swmbo) to go and talk business with them.

Thats cool, angela is phoning them this week to make sure there is space and to give them rough figures. I have suggested saying 10 tents with 5 tents guaranteed at the moment, but possibly be a lot more as last minute decisions are made.

If we could have a list of possibilites (like apd and skodaboy are) it will go a long way in helping to ensure we can book the appropriate space.

All payments will need to be made on arrival at the farm which is for sat nav users 51.582914 -1.557310 or for other grid locations: Streetmap - Convert and measure coordinates

ive just seen something for the camp trip which would look great being released from on top of white horse hill and fits in well with the calm atmosphere there, chinese lanterns which released that high up in one minute intervals will look like ufo's :thumbup: ive found some that are a couple of quid each if anyone is interested.

I have spoken with the farm, and have said at the moment we will say approx 9 adults 5 hc and 2 dogs, but i have advised that this might change and we may have more, although i have booked it in sms name as she did not want me to book it under briskoda, and has recommended that myself or paul do the aditional booking so that there is no problems with this at all.

so any more defs or maybes just let us know !

• 2 weeks later...

cool, you already down.

2. chrisw880

3. apd (maybe)

4. sharkrider (maybe)

5. skodaboy/girl (maybe)

please add yourself as a maybe if you not sure and change it when confirmed.

• 4 weeks later...

come on roll up roll up, this is a nice tranquil location and away from the ch@v element, cheap camping with a drive out included and ghost hunting for those who want to explore the ridgeway in the dark (and after a few beers);)

Hope to see many more of you all here soon!!:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

2. chrisw880 (maybe)

3. apd (maybe)

4. sharkrider (maybe)

5. skodaboy/girl (maybe)

Ok update and bump in one, anyone interested please let me know asap as i need to let the site know this weekend on numbers. :thumbup: