mark 1 vRS exhaust clean

Irish Des

Morning All,

Could someone please recommend a product for cleaning the exhaust tailpipe?

I know brasso and various other products have been mentioned, but I am keen to

get the correct product to get this looking as new, on the inside and outside of the tailpipe.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers

Des

Thanks Simon,

I've neglected the finer details and hope to rectify that this weekend !

All the best

Des

No worrie Des, simple results as follows can be achieved:

DSC06926.jpg

DSC07029.jpg

DSC07030.jpg

DSC07036.jpg

DSC07038.jpg

DSC07040.jpg

DSC07081.jpg

• 7 months later...

Nothing like getting a nice girl to polish your pipe :rofl:

Bumping this up, seriously I searched for a post entitled "exhaust cleaning", I am a girl who's looking to clean her pipe. I'm not sure if that sounds worse. I had been advised to use Jif/Cif on the pipe, I haven't thus yet. Can anyone give me a definitive answer on that? I have the Fabia pipe and I can get the outside bit shiny, I'm just having trouble with the inside bit with the two holes (this is sounding worse...).

Becky

Bumping this up, seriously I searched for a post entitled "exhaust cleaning", I am a girl who's looking to clean her pipe. I'm not sure if that sounds worse. I had been advised to use Jif/Cif on the pipe, I haven't thus yet. Can anyone give me a definitive answer on that? I have the Fabia pipe and I can get the outside bit shiny, I'm just having trouble with the inside bit with the two holes (this is sounding worse...).

Becky

You need some Autosol and wire wool, nice and simple with easy results............ :thumbup: