Mixing tyres.... in the real world

Right the P Zero Neros on the front of my VRS are knackered. On the back I have another Zero and a Continetal Sport contact, both plenty of tread. I'm looking at getting Toyo T1Rs, Uniroyal Rainsports or Vredestein Sportracs on the front but realistically will there be any problems having 3 different types of tyre on the car, especially fitting more wet weather style on the front - I mean pushing the Nurburgring at the edge of the limit I can appreciate the importance but in terms of everyday driving??! I'm usually the type to have exactly the same tyre on each corner but can't afford to on this car :eek:

More Pirellis would be the obvious answer, and they are cheap - but I think the above types I mentioned seem better rated by people on here, autoexpress test etc etc.

Please don't hurt me for starting a tyre thread, I have bored myself to tears trawling through the archives on here :D

Got this from another forum=

Ideally (for normal non-racing cars):

All 4 tyres are the same size, speed rating, load index, amount of wear etc. But in real life it's expensive to always ensure that so mixing is sometimes necessary.

From what I understand:

1. Keep them in pairs - ie whatever you do, try to keep both rears the same, and both fronts the same. The rest of the statements assume this basic point.

2. Cross plys and radials mixed (in any combination) are dangerous but unlikely as cross plys aren't really sold anymore new?

3. Directional (facing the right way obviously!) can mix with asymetricals or "non-directionals" either front or back? But not ideal as can vary handling characteristics?

4. Brands (again in pairs) can generally mix though no tyre manufacturer will comment on this as again handling characteristics can be unpredictable? So not dangerous per se but not good either?

5. Never fit BELOW the manufacturers speed rating but going higher is ok.

6. Even accounting for 5. Never mix speed ratings front and back? (Even if both meet or exceed what is required)

7. Put new (or most thread) tyres on the rear rather than front? (As front slide easier to control than rear)

But i recon you would be ok going for 2 new ones on the front and keeping the mixed on the back untill you need to replace them, then get the same thats on the front. Thats what i would do.

Just be aware the handling might be different depending which way you turn. Due to varied tread patterns.