Octavia headlights LED style

I've been thinking the same thing... I've also seen a pic of those on a black one. Looked ace :) I remember it well because I got a black one myself. Sorry, don't remember where I saw it :(

Edit:

Oopsie, I saw the black version, not silver.

This one http://www.superskoda.com/skoda/octavia-i/skoda-octavia-i-01-08-devil-eyes-headlights-black

Further edit:

Yeah, it was on superskoda site that I saw them :thumbup:

http://www.superskoda.com/articles/helen-uk

I think they look really good on the MK 2 Octavia as the lights are similar to the A4 and they suit the curve of the light. That pic of the Black Octy look superb(sorry could not resist that pun)

However on a MK1 Octy they look odd as the end of the main light where it stops before the indicator is messy and does not follow the same contour as the MK2.

IMHO it Looks a little cheap and tacky. Each to there own.

I don't necessarily agree Martin. I think they still look rather 'fresh' compared to other cars from the same time. However, I do agree that I'd like to see the chrome version on a mk1. I think it will make all the difference.

Im not a fan of those lights, but mainly because of the curve of the LED strip in the corners. Why? I know thats the shape of the audi lights, but the Octavia isn't as curvy, and thus im not sure they work.

Why didnt they just have a straight strip across the bottom of the lights? that would have worked far batter.

Has anyone done a strip of those lights, at the top of the lower grills? Im sure that would look far better myself.

And what about the quality of those headlights? For example, in the promo pics from superskoda.com there's a noticeable gap between bonnet and the lights. Also I would like to hear from people who had the lights for some time: is the electronics robust, LEDs as well, etc.

Edited by Marko3

Please don't bite my head off but i can't stand LED daytime running lights. They are unnecessary, look nasty and just reminds me of people who have their foglights on permanantly. The worst is the A3, they just look so out of place. Only my opinion though ;)

I just want the lights for the DE lins so that I can mount xenon in them :-) Dont care about the LED ... actually i would be temptet to disconnect the LED. As you can see these lights are half on the price of the original xenons (The original xenons lights are complete with bulbs though - but without converters.)

Marko > I can see the gap ... looks terrible.

Need to see the crome version mounted on BLACK car.

2642174_1.jpg

Edited by MartinDK

Need to see the crome version mounted on a car.

I reckon it would look all right on a black car - like the one I have :rolleyes: - but again I'm concerned with the quality issues. :o

Also, the gap would be less visible on a black car... :D

If you look at the original headlights, there is a gap that runs along the top too - so isn't it just the same :confused:

I did think it was just because I fitted the Xenon Headlights:-

normal_DSCF2976.JPG

But when I checked prior to the conversion, you can still see a gap:-

normal_VRS-0~0.JPG

:confused: :confused:

Guest westallc

why do you have parking sensors on the front:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: there meant to go on the rear bumper lol :P

Looking at the original lamps compared to the LED, the fitting of the LED looks terrible. The LED verison looks like a Audi A4 B5 lamp they have just modified to somehow fit.

Not going to buy the LED lamps right now i think.

Not sure myself?? on a similar theme anyone got the smoked from indicators fitted to a black m1 vrs from superskoda, been thinking about getting some but not sure what they would look like.

Hi,

Does any of you have pictures of these headligts fitted on a black vRS MK1? Thinking the lights will suited for fitting a xenon kit.

back to the original question,

i had a xenon conversion in the standard headlight with now adverse side effects. they were bl00dy bright and a few on coming cars told me that but i just aimed them down with the on dash aim adjuster. did the trick. job done.

just get the xenon conversion. in your standard headlights.

Not sure myself?? on a similar theme anyone got the smoked from indicators fitted to a black m1 vrs from superskoda, been thinking about getting some but not sure what they would look like.

yeah ive got some. they look absolutely fine. bit of a tight fit were they are new but the fit ok once screwed in.

yeah ive got some. they look absolutely fine. bit of a tight fit were they are new but the fit ok once screwed in.

Thanks thats good to know, have you got a picture of them on the car? cheers.

• 2 months later...
back to the original question,

i had a xenon conversion in the standard headlight with now adverse side effects. they were bl00dy bright and a few on coming cars told me that but i just aimed them down with the on dash aim adjuster. did the trick. job done.

just get the xenon conversion. in your standard headlights.

I assume you have the H4 bulbs? What kind of conversion did you get? Bulbs with dual "filaments" or them with the magnetic up-down movement of the chamber? I've been thinking of ordering some xenon set but I just cant make up my mind about which way to go. Neither sound really a good option.

Then there's the option of going single chamber and no moving parts, low beam only. This is the thing I've been thinking of getting since I rarely turn on the high beam. And I figure that with them low beams boosted to 2x output It'd be enough for the few times I'd need high beam.

martindk, you want these so you can fit a xennon/hid kit, however as far as i can see these are standard reflector units, they only seem to have 1 projector unit which is for the fogs so it would be pointless to fit them especially as you dont like the leds.