vRS Seat belt warning signal ?

Trotts

:confused: Well, should a little red 'seat belt man' come on if you fail to put on the seat belt ? I have no red warning light or beep's. Hand book tells me I should have so, although it do's say different models of Fabia's should have different features. I would have thought the vRS would have ?? Can anyone enlighten me :)

:confused: Well, should a little red 'seat belt man' come on if you fail to put on the seat belt ? I have no red warning light or beep's. Hand book tells me I should have so, although it do's say different models of Fabia's should have different features. I would have thought the vRS would have ?? Can anyone enlighten me :)

Yes the vRS definately does have the red seat belt man and the 6 beeps if you fail to put you're seat belt on. Although I should have looked at the forum first (This is on an Octy vRS)

My 2001 Elegance has 6 beeps to accompany the man with seat belt light. Most annoying' date=' and I think this feature was dropped soon after 2001! :D Not sure whether the light is still on the dash though?

Chris[/quote']

It was dropped at the end of 2001 correct when the elgance spec changed in the U.K, however my 2001 elegance which somehow made it into the 2002 models still has the seat belt man but no buzzer.

Thanks to all, saved me looking a dork at my dealer ! My 00 1.4 16v had a seat belt man and the 'bleeps' My 02 TDi had a red man, and No bleeps, and this one has diddly squat !! It's Mrs trotts who likes being told off if she fails to put the belt on. The Hand book, to put it bluntly is poor. Still, in the grand scheme of things not really an issue !! Stange how the Octy retained it, but not the Fabia.