Service question??

supersport2

Under block exemption rules a manufacturer cannot insist that you use one of their dealers for servicing. Using an independant will not invalidate your warranty, providing that they adhere to the service schedule and use parts of equivalent quality, also they will not know about any service campigns that are applicable to your car. However, once the car is out of warranty, Skoda will take into account whether or not the car has full dealer service history when granting good will payments for repairs.

My intentions are to keep my new car for about 5 years anyway. I get my cars serviced at Stoneacre in Middlesbrough as a good mate works there and gives a much better service than I would expect, and puts 0 40 oil in too.

I'm also concerned about the first service for the cr engine on the vRS, as I understand it, Skoda de tune the engines to prevent problems from the DPF.

And I'm not a fan of my local dealer either! I never bought my car from there, I went to Woolpit in Surrey instead.

If you have a VRS TDI Octy II and you're using 0w-40 as opposed to 5w-30 then you're going to have problems as it won't be VW507 approved.

You can at the least look forward to needing a new DPF early as the 0w burns too easily and fills it up with ash.

Probably also look forward to excessive cam wear too unless the oil is approved for PD engines.

You have to use VW507 in this car regardless of whether you are on fixed or variable servicing.