1 member has voted

1. 1. Playstation 3 or XBOX 360

• Playstation 3
    • XBOX 360

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3 for me. I've had one since it came out and it's been fantastic. I found the interface to be really good. The XMB is quick and easy to navigate. Blurays are stunning. I've had Playstations for over 10 years so I like the controller. When I do play Xbox my hands go into the same position as the PS and I find both controllers OK but prefer the PS because I'm more used to it. Also there games on the PS3 that are on there because it's the only console that can play them.

Playstation Store is very good, always plenty to download with extra features for games and demos. It's all free and content is never restricted. the Playstation Network rarely goes down and if it does it's usually something my end (router crashing). I'm using an ethernet cable for my connection but wireless works perfectly too. It has a fully functioning browser and you can go on any website and plays iPlayer perfectly. I have the 60gb version but an upgrading soon to 320gb because it's just a laptop hard drive and takes about 10mins to install.

To me the PS3 looks the more "grown up" console because it's glossy black and matches my tv. The Xboxes all have too many problems like the RROD and the E71 error. All my mates have all had to replace theirs within a year.

I think the PS3 will get better and better and eventually surpass the X-Box, but that's just my opinion.

while i completely agree about the PS1 and PS2 they had price on their side being the same price or cheaper than their rivals but the PS3 is so damned expensive its never going to catch up with either the xbox or the Wii and whenever they drop the price of the PS3 its at the cost of features where as price drops on the 360 have never dropped any features or quality if anything the opposite has happened!

PS3 for me. I've had one since it came out and it's been fantastic. I found the interface to be really good. The XMB is quick and easy to navigate. Blurays are stunning. I've had Playstations for over 10 years so I like the controller. When I do play Xbox my hands go into the same position as the PS and I find both controllers OK but prefer the PS because I'm more used to it. Also there games on the PS3 that are on there because it's the only console that can play them.

Playstation Store is very good, always plenty to download with extra features for games and demos. It's all free and content is never restricted. the Playstation Network rarely goes down and if it does it's usually something my end (router crashing). I'm using an ethernet cable for my connection but wireless works perfectly too. It has a fully functioning browser and you can go on any website and plays iPlayer perfectly. I have the 60gb version but an upgrading soon to 320gb because it's just a laptop hard drive and takes about 10mins to install.

To me the PS3 looks the more "grown up" console because it's glossy black and matches my tv. The Xboxes all have too many problems like the RROD and the E71 error. All my mates have all had to replace theirs within a year.

my xbox broke at about 2.5 years old and was replaced(2 years ago) and hasn't missed a beat once since. it was replaced in under 10 days :)

what really really really minds me up about the PS3 and drives me bloody crazy is games have to be installed which can take upto about 15mins!!! how rubbish is that?!

what really really really minds me up about the PS3 and drives me bloody crazy is games have to be installed which can take upto about 15mins!!! how rubbish is that?!

Not at all when it allows bugfixes or improvements to be made after a game is released.

I'd much rather have that than a game with flaws.

Not at all when it allows bugfixes or improvements to be made after a game is released.

I'd much rather have that than a game with flaws.

i take it you've never owned and played on a 360 then as the games get updates :)

i take it you've never owned and played on a 360 then as the games get updates :)

Was gonna say that!

And they have to be installed because Bluray is slooooooow! Just can't stream from the disc fast enough.

There isn't an installation procedure as such anymore data is just put on as it's needed and some games put on more than others.

so when i buy a new game for my PS3, put it into the thing and try and play the game but it has to install the game(this is what it says on the screen) then this isn't installing the game?

either way the xbox doesn't do this and never needs to unless you choose to install additional content, any brand new game goes right in and starts to play instantly.

The 360 wins for me every time , my launch ps3 has been replaced 3 times while my launch 360 has been replaced twice so to me the 360 has been more reliable . Also this nonsense about the ps3 having certain games because its the only console that can run it is rubbish, i assume that comment was made in regards to MGS4 . which if the developers done their job properly it could run on a 360 but sony bankrolled most of the development for that game .For games and online play it has to be the 360:thumbup:

so when i buy a new game for my PS3, put it into the thing and try and play the game but it has to install the game(this is what it says on the screen) then this isn't installing the game?

either way the xbox doesn't do this and never needs to unless you choose to install additional content, any brand new game goes right in and starts to play instantly.

It depends on the game. Not all games come up on the screen that they are installing, not as much as they used to anyway. And besides it's like a PC game that has to be installed. I don't mind waiting a minute to install a game to play it because the PS3 plays games that other consoles can't play.

I don't mind waiting a minute to install a game to play it because the PS3 plays games that other consoles can't play.

what games are you talking about :rotz:

PS3 every time for me! But then i do not look at it as a games console, my PS3 is the centre of my entire entertainment setup. If i want to play a game i use my PC.

It plays my dvd's, my blu rays, streams my films, tv and music. Its my freeview set top box so i can record, pause and rewind tv. Brilliant machine, i cannot fault it!

My best mate has had a PS3 for ages, never mentions it. He bought the xbox about a month ago and has been bugging me to buy one ever since. Trying to show me Project Natal (sp?) and stuff on Live! to convince me.

If I can find a good deal somewhere, I just might. The PS3 is just too much money for a feature (blu-ray) I just won't use.

Was gonna say that!

And they have to be installed because Bluray is slooooooow! Just can't stream from the disc fast enough.

Plenty of games only put a tiny amount of data onto the hard drive and play everything from the disk.

so you've come to a debate knowing nothing about one side and argued that its rubbish against quite a lot of people who actually own both? ;)

Feel free to point out the posts where I said it was rubbish......

I've said that the PS3 is good , because it is , and that an X-Box with add ons to the same spec can cost more. I've also said that people who have bought both consoles are happy with them.

The main thing that Xbox has over PS3 is Gears of War 2!!!! Plus Sky is coming out on Xbox very soon. PS3 is very boring, and every decent game is on the 360 anyway for cheaper.

Forza 3 is guna be ace because they have got off the a***s and given us the in-car view.

i sold my PS3 to pay for Green Cotton, Strut brace and PD160, much better use of money.

360 for the win!!!!

Is a game console, so make sure the one you buy has the game you want to play! Check out the existing and future exclusive titles on 360 and PS3.

I have a PS3, as I want LBP and MGS4.

HTH

if you're after a games console then it has to be 360 because it has a greater number of better games. the PS3 is better in terms of tech but much like the PS2 before it, it's also overly complicated to write for - one of the best (graphically) PS2 game was released after the PS3 was available to buy...PSN might be free, but it's nothing like as nice to use as XBL for gaming and the store is what it is, serves the purpose but isn't anything to shout about

:)