Maxidot

I just got my Fabia (at last after 3 long months!)

When I went to see it at the showroom I noticed that as soon as I opened the door the Maxidot display showed a picture of the car with the door open.

However, yesterday when I picked it up I noticed that this is not happening anymore. When I open the door, the Maxidot doesn't show anything.

I have a feeling they disconnected the battery and reset some settings. Is there any way of setting this?

Do you have maxidot?

erm... yes ;)

the maxidot works during driving, when i switch on the ignition etc. but when i open the door it's not showing the open door display like it was when i went to see it at the dealer's.

Do you have maxidot?

do you know how to set it by any chance? is there a trick combination of keys or something that will let me disable/enable these things?

There are only 4 options that I get when I press the rocker switch for a few seconds:

• MFD (goes to the normal display that shows radio/cd info, fuel consumption, etc)
  • Vehicle Status (when I go into it just says STATUS OK!)
  • Language (Language selection)
  • Display Off (switches off display)

Any other way of getting more options? In the user manual it says that when the ignition is on and you open the door you get a door-open-alert on the maxidot, but not even that's coming up. Yet I'm pretty sure that when I saw it at the dealer's as soon as it arrived, I saw a door-open-alert on the display as soon as we opened the door.

I have a feeling that the settings were changed (maybe accidentally) during the pre-delivery-inspection or else maybe they disconnected the battery and some settings got reset automatically?

Yep, the Maxidot should show an outline of a car and indication which door(s) are open. I suspect it can be reset by the dealer, either than or a switch has failed. Does your courtesy light illuminate like it should?

My Maxidot lost communication with the radio after about 7 months. It had to be reset and has been fine since.

Yep, the Maxidot should show an outline of a car and indication which door(s) are open. I suspect it can be reset by the dealer, either than or a switch has failed. Does your courtesy light illuminate like it should?

My Maxidot lost communication with the radio after about 7 months. It had to be reset and has been fine since.

Yes the courtesy light does come on. It's just the maxidot that seems to have gone bizerk :rotz:

If you have your seatbelt on, and the door closed, you'll get more options.

Nope :(. I tried it with the seat belt on, ignition on, engine on, engine off, any possible combination I could think of. Besides, I don't even get a seatbelt warning if I'm not wearing it. Nothing.

Could it be that the dealers intentionally disabled any kind of "non-important" warning such as a seatbelt, door-open and so on using VAG-COM maybe? :confused:

Shouldnt be, but all your issues seem related.

I'll go tell the servicing about it.

Should it also display a seatbelt warning ideally?

Edited by takksi

Thanks. I'll see what reply the dealer comes up with. I'll keep you guys posted just in case someone encounters this again (and obviously hoping I manage to solve it in the first place).

UPDATE: Just been to the dealer this morning. The guys told me it might be some setting (as I had suspected). I have to take it in on Tuesday so that they'll connect it to the diagnostic system and see which setting needs to be enabled etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I took my car to the servicing department this afternoon and the technician connected the diagnostic software to it etc. Apparently there is a software version update for the Fabia, they have received all the literature about it etc, but Skoda haven't yet sent them the actual CD with this software. This contains, amongst others, a MAXIDOT CORRECTION.

There is the possibility to update this over the internet but since my problem isn't a life-or-death situation I told them I'll wait till they get the actual CD and will ask to get it done when I give my car for the first service.

The technician was actually very nice and helpful and was explaining a couple of things to me too in the mean time.

There are only 4 options that I get when I press the rocker switch for a few seconds:

• MFD (goes to the normal display that shows radio/cd info, fuel consumption, etc)
  • Vehicle Status (when I go into it just says STATUS OK!)
  • Language (Language selection)
  • Display Off (switches off display)

Any other way of getting more options?

No more options are available on a Fabia dash panel no matter what you do!

Other settings for example seat belt warning, door open warning etc are done via coding of the dash panel on a VAS machine at a dealer or VAG com if you know what your doing. If the coding where wrong the light would never work.

Seat belt warning does not come as standard on Fabia's either, you would have to check it on the build data. Any dealer can tell you the exact spec from the chassis number ;)