Where am I?

Mercurio

an expat Brit actually but I'll take the kudos anyway, thanks :rofl:

i can post one up but it won't be off satnav! UK or worldwide? :D

Mark

I thought you might be an expat Brit - that's why I wrote "Canadian resident" :)

I've decided that there is a prize after all - the winner gets to post the next one up! Doesn't have to be off satnav and UK or worldwide is fine.

I thought you might be an expat Brit - that's why I wrote "Canadian resident" :)

I've decided that there is a prize after all - the winner gets to post the next one up! Doesn't have to be off satnav and UK or worldwide is fine.

hokey smokey then, here we go, an easy one to start with :D

an island off the coast of England, but which?

Google Maps

Mark

Seeing as you can zoom in/out & it actually SAYS what island it is... Lundy off the North Devonshire coast...

...that's two on the trot I got right! :D

i guess this game isn't going to work too well then :rofl:

Mark

Seeing as you can zoom in/out & it actually SAYS what island it is... Lundy off the North Devonshire coast...

...that's two on the trot I got right! :D

Like I said, too easy.

You didn't get the other one right, at least not publicly.

Buggeration, found this thread too late...Barra and Vatersay are in my part of the world :rofl:

Lewis was the last stop on our Hebridean holiday before heading back south. I'm sure you'll recognise this place.

We had a great time ...

... apart from the ten hours sitting on the quayside at Stornoway waiting for CalMac to fix the ferry :thumbdwn: (although the convoy out of Ullapool at 1am was fun)

And I now know what "Leodhasach" means :)

29753.attach

Lewis was the last stop on our Hebridean holiday before heading back south. I'm sure you'll recognise this place.

We had a great time ...

... apart from the ten hours sitting on the quayside at Stornoway waiting for CalMac to fix the ferry :thumbdwn: (although the convoy out of Ullapool at 1am was fun)

And I now know what "Leodhasach" means :)

Sure do, my ex lives near the Butt of Lewis :rofl:

Yeah, CalMac seem to have been having a fair few problems lately since they switched to heavier fuel, and I got stuck in Ullapool recently because of bow door problems. Nevermind, hope it works better on Saturday morning... ;)

Haha cool, you're probably in the minority then! My surname is Macleod, the most common one on the island... :rofl: Glad you had a good time here, feel free to come back, tourism is what keeps the place going.

Andrew

Yes indeedee... Well done - you are correct! :thumbup:

Yorkshire's very own Area 51 :eek: ...officially an RAF base but under the control of the US government (ECHELON ...if anyone's into conspiracies) & heavily guarded by men with big guns & dogs with sharp teeth! ;)

Soooo now it's your turn! :)

Good for balloon flights over it though, if your name is Mark Thomas

Yes indeedee... Well done - you are correct! :thumbup:

Yorkshire's very own Area 51 :eek: ...officially an RAF base but under the control of the US government (ECHELON ...if anyone's into conspiracies) & heavily guarded by men with sharp teeth & dogs with big guns! ;)

Soooo now it's your turn! :)

Fixed....:rofl: