New VRS TDI owner and a cheeky question

slow66

Hi all I have been looking at this forum for the last few weeks whilst I was researching getting a new car. Well I finally picked up my new VRS TDI today in race blue and it is really fantastic.The car was one of the motorpoint ones at £14995 and despite it only having a 2yr warranty it really was too good a bargain to miss out on and drives great but the diesel engine will take a bit of getting used as this is my first diesel.

I don't know if it is frowned upon to ask questions on your first post but nothing ventured nothing gained. On my car the lights are always on even when the switch is at 0 is this normal, I know Volvo are designed to do this but my last car which was a A3 didn't do this and I have read the manual but it does not mention it anyway I am a bit stumped so all help appreciated.

hi mate .. newish audis have daytime running lights..mine does

but the skoda im not sure,is it the headlights or do they look like daytime running lights

i can on my audi not sure how on the skoda

just ask ur local skoda dealer if you want them off

but i think they look great

gonna buy a vRS soon too

Welcome to this forum.

My 2005 Fabia VRS lights only work if I turn the main lighting switch 'ON', no daylight running set-up that I am aware??

Ian. 25/07/2009 :P:thumbup:

Thanks for the help. I think it must be daytime running lights, there is nothing in the manual about it but as it is an inport from Ireland so it may have a slightly different spec from the UK mpdels. I will speak to a dealer to confirm this and let you all know the outcome. Thanks again.

I picked my car up last week from motorpoint and lights are the same on mine. I spoke to Motorpoint as I had asked them to fit a detachable towbar to the car and thought there had been a problem with wiring etc. They advised me that they had noticed that the lights were on in the '0' position and that they had contacted Skoda already. Skoda had informed them thet the cars were setup like this but could changed at owners request. I have arranged for my local Skoda dealer to change this setting. I am taking it in tomorrow and they will do it while I wait.

hi, think i can sort your problem out, found this by mistake. your wiper stalk has a button on the end of it that flicks through the dash display, if you press and hold it for 4/5 seconds a display will come up with a menu, i think if you scroll through that you will come across something (sorry girlfriend borrowed me car so cant double check) that you can adjust to do the lights hope this helps