250bhp Silver 4x4 Octy - Anyone know the car ?

I've seen a 250bhp Octavia 4x4 advertised for sale with a fortune spent at Awesome.

Does anyone know the car / are there any threads on it ?

Coming from a modified car background I'd like to find out about it from the guy that built it rather than the guy who's selling it.

Thanks

very much doubt its 250bhp, thats quite an awkward power figure, standard turbo won't do it and you wouldn't fit an uprated turbo for the sake of 25-30bhp. if its on a K03s still expect more like 220bhp tops.

hope you find more out about it :)

I'll give Awesome a call on Monday, ad reads:

SKODA OCTAVIA 2001 1.8T 4x4 - 250bhp, £10k spent (Awesome GTi) with invoices to document everything and a rolling road printout.

Including: Forge FMIC kit, APR R1, Neuspeed upper & lower strut braces, Carbonio carbon fibre induction, Tarox drilled brake discs, Neuspeed short-shift kit, Milotec grille, H & R lowering springs, Koni adjustable dampers witrh Eibach camber kit & top mounts, Vibratechnics engine mounts, Powerflex bushes, Neuspeed rear adjustable control arms, G60 clutch & flywheel, Blueflame custom exhaust + hi-flow cats.

Guest westallc

if he spent 10k it would have a big t wich would be 300+ as it states 250 then im sure its a standard turbo and if thats the case its a load of bulla as te standard turbo wont do that unless all boxes are ticket i.e larger intake and exhaust manni ported polished head etc etc

you also want to find out when it was alldone to gauge how long he has been driving it with the mods as anyone that goes to this degree will drive it very hard so if done lots of mines you wanna check very closely as the uprated parts also fail.....

pay close attension to the turbo :(

and ensure all belts and the norm are all okay

so I take it that what ur sayin mate is when ppl do all that to a cer they drive it hard? lol

Ive done a bit to mine and I dont drive her hard lol, a 100 bhp car would prob do me lol but i like the fact the power is there jus in case lol.

hows the nice red pipes gettinon?

back on track, like been said, 250 is too much for std turbo and not really enough for BT, might have the K04 on it but again 250 is right at the bottom of that i would say.

hope you find somethin tho.

billy

Hi

Yes I do know the car

Was a silver one?

Nice guy who had it and was not thrashed if you know what I mean?

It also has the Neuspeed ARB on the rear

Good handling car

I would say give it a very good test drive as he sold it a while ago......say 4 months and you never know who had it then

I believe it had stage 2 APR with the other bits on it too

Sarah