Rattle after fitting 312's...

Fitted these this morning, went for a quick spin. Can hear a mettalic rattle from the front end some place... Carrier and caliper bolts are all tight, anti rattle spring is OK. Jacked up each wheel and checked everything, all the ball joints etc are OK, wheels nuts are tight, bearings are OK...

Anyone else experienced this?

On another note though, fitted EBC Redstuff pads with drilled and grooved discs. While currently still bedding in after about 15 miles, when the pads are warm (town driving warm), they squeak a fair bit. Fine once they cool down again, until warm again...

Is this a characteristic of ceramic pads, or will they quieten down once they have settled in properly?

Are the pipes routed behind the ABS cables? When mine were fitted one side was improperly routed which led to some embarrassment with the local Skoda dealers. It was a sort of metallic click, click noise.

Paranoia?

Yeah, it's just the brakes. It's not like they're important or anything:P

Or to put it another way, if you're going to be paranoid about anything, the brakes are a good place to start.

Im a mechanic anyway, not like it was difficult :o

Checked everything, and it was all tight. Think I have sussed it. THINK its the pads rattling in the carrier... Noise goes away when you brake...

Are the pipes routed behind the ABS cables? When mine were fitted one side was improperly routed which led to some embarrassment with the local Skoda dealers. It was a sort of metallic click, click noise.

Will also be checking that though :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I had this on my normal front brake pads, it occasionally sounded like driving over a loose manhole cover, other times just an annoying metallic rattle over rough road surfaces and when the engine laboured causing a vibration, it turned out to be loose brake shoes in their hanger, I removed the wheels and reproduced the sound by wobbling the pads with my fingers, I cured it by tying a tiny cable tie around the top lug of the brake pad thus separating the two metal surfaces, not impairing the braking at all as this should not be a moving part anyway. Test Drive and silence!