Octavia Vrs - Really Happy But.......

Jimmy

I happen to have removed the instrument binnacle on my 928 at the moment. While it is off I will take the opportunity to replace all the bulbs, since the only way to replace them is to remove the steering wheel, column stalks and entire instrument binnacle .... now imagine that, at Porsche labour rates :eek:

Had a similar problem with pea bulbs in the instrument panel (mainly speedo) and controls in my Senator failing. Replacement involved major dismantling of the centre console, air conditioning controls etc and was not the sort of DIY work I embark on lightly. Fortunately I sold the car while there was still enough illumination to see the speedo at night. :)

PS What does a 928 exhaust cost?

And while I think about it - Denis, how many of these forums do you read on a regular basis? Shouldn't you be doing the ironing, or something?? :p

Edited to say - oops just spotted the question - hmmm not sure. They are stainless, always have been, so you don't tend to have to replace them that often. You can get custom back boxes made - similar prices or rather cheaper than the prices quoted by the tifosi on here...

Shouldn't you be doing the ironing, or something??
Did that yesterday! Take a tip from me - make sure your partner retires first - and preferably on a full index-linked pension - even if it means marrying/cohabiting with someone much older than you!!! And a second tip. Make sure that any teenagers living with you leave home while they are still teenagers. They stick to home like Araldite once they reach 20, their unit cost PW to parents is about the same as Araldite, and all their wages go on drink, entertainment, mobile phones and cars. grumpy.gif

Time to go and commiserate with the dogs........dog.gifdog1.gif

Originally posted by DGW in this post

... their unit cost PW to parents is about the same as Araldite ...

Getting seriously OT here but I had to ask - so how much do you and the dogs spend a week on Araldite then? Doesn't figure hugely in our shopping budget ... :confused:

(One 20 and one 19 year old :( so understand the bit about mobile phones etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. I've had the car back about 2 weeks now with no further issues. The dealer managed to put right the things on my list so I'm now a happy bunny. It's already been mentioned but really these things should have been put right before I picked the car up.

I'm really pleased with the vRS but I have noticed a major flaw which could sour the whole experience - Courtesy Cars!! When mine went in for the afternoon I was given a Brown, Felicia, Diesel Estate. I had to return to work with a bag over my head and park outside our neighbours office ;) ;)

Think I'll get a lift there and back when it's service time just in case.