Lock problem

Right ever since i bought my octavia its a pain in the **** with elaectrics, now the passenger lock has no noise from it and door is jammed stuck.

Need to open it, anyone any ideas to get open or door card off.

The only thing i can think caused this is the regulator is broken the car hasn't been moved in a week.

The electrics is really getting to me these days, just fixed the lock and regulator on passenger side.

Hello, i recently had a similar problem with passenger door lock becoming inoperative. It could be opened manually from inside the car by pulling the release handle, then this became stiff and resistance was felt when trying to open ( which it then didn`t)

I posted a similar question to yourself, i.e. how to get door card off with door locked ( nobody could answer that one. I started using the tailgate lock manually rather than keyfob and noticed that the passenger door lock would work intermittently. I took a chance opportunity (when it opened) to get the door card off and although lock mechanism seemed clean and electrics corrosion free i sprayed with a silicone based maintenance product.

The lock then began to work more often than not and since has been problem free.

Sorry for the long winded explanation. No definate clue as to why it now works, but worth a try before paying 70 quid for a new lock mechanism.

Maybe this will give you an understanding of how the lock is working and assembled in the Octavia. At least this is what i could find in the Octavia workshop manual:

Hope you might find it useful.

oc_lock01.JPG

oc_lock02.JPG

oc_lock03.JPG

oc_lock04.JPG

oc_lock05.JPG

oc_lock06.JPG

oc_lock07.JPG

:)