radio display reads mechanic!! any ideas anyone?

HI my superb has a cd changer in the boot , i loaded it normally and tried to play a cd , it read the cd and then almost immediately the message : mechanic : comes up and stays on , no cd playing nothing just the strange mechanic word , any help would be well appreciated , year 2002 superb elegance 2.8i

HI my superb has a cd changer in the boot , i loaded it normally and tried to play a cd , it read the cd and then almost immediately the message : mechanic : comes up and stays on , no cd playing nothing just the strange mechanic word , any help would be well appreciated , year 2002 superb elegance 2.8i

mine did that on the way to le mans, I took the cartridge out and put it back in a few times and it seems to have fixed it'self.

mine did that on the way to le mans, I took the cartridge out and put it back in a few times and it seems to have fixed it'self.

Also, hoover/blow the dust out of both the cartridge and the player

Yes the word was mechanic , the mechanic had to see it to believe it as well , i trawled the internet and no-one else seems to have seen it either , anyway ,airlined it and the cartridge and bingo!! thanks all , now does anyone know how to fix my mirror /rear and front door opening lights?

all is dry ,i had a passat that had the plenum chamber thing so have checked but no water there or inside but thats not to say it hasnt happened in the past , any help would be apprciated , Alan

whats a ccm by the way? , Alan

Central Control Module - that's the box which is located under the passenger side carpet, the one that gets wet if the car leaks.

Hi , lifted carpet and although its not wet it is however condensated so must have been wet at some time , previous person has wrapped wires leading to box in waterproofing and has had box open and taped some wires , all look ok , should i open it all out and dry with say a hairdryer ? or should i consult an auto electrician? this is not sounding good and i have some concerns ,there is also a clicking noise coming from the dash , intermittant not regular and its bloody annoying , at least a rattle can be traced , i am now at your mercy so to speak ,thanks so far

Edited by superb999

Yes personally i would open it up and dry it out with a hair dryer (on low heat) whilst it is open you can then see if anything has started to corrode (going green).

Anything green will need to be cut back to good (copper) wire and if needed new pieces soldered in, with (ideally) some heat shrink placed over the connection and shrunk into place, failing the heat shrink (which is very cheap on eBay etc) the bear wires will need to be taped up.

Hey , i lifted carpet , opened the CCM , no condensation inside or corrosion , took off all the wrap the previous owner put on and dried it all out , replaced with insulating tape and put back wiring harness, all neat and tidy and dry but no lights so it must be somewhere else , i also checked the fuse box ,this took just over an hour , its funny as the interior lights all work manually but not on the door opener,although the footwell ones and the puddle ones do , the lights under the rearview mirrors dont illuminate at all so where next i ask?

I hate to ask the dumb question here, but could you all please elaborate IE translate to dumb yank for me?

What does N/S/F foot well mean?

Would this be the passenger side on a left hand drive car?, or would this be the drivers side.

I can keep up with most stuff, but the NSF thing has so far eluded me.

-Bill