removal of engine cover

Guys i'm in the middle of fitting a new carbon air intake and pipercorss panel filter, air intake is a breeze but the easiest part i thought would be changing the filter, but i cannot get to it, how on earth do you remove the engine cover to access it? can someone please offer me some quick advice with good detail on how the hell this thing comes off without breaking it. Thanks

MIght be worth a search, as when I was looking for info on how to do it I found a few threads, some of which had pictures.

You basically need to apply what seems like a scary amount of force to pop each of the holding points off - the threads I mention above will show you where these areas are, but you can just about tell by giving the cover some exploratory pulls.

So basically, give it some stick, but be progressive and don't yank - and apply more force than you think you should be doing :)

its a pain .. unclip the top left corner from the pipe going to the turbo, disconnect the ram scoop bottom right, then there are 4 lugs that it clips into underneath the engine cover. there is one above the fuel pump on the right side, i started there then go to the two back corners and pull up on them. they will come, they just need some proper tugging. the air filter fits underneath in a screw cover thing.

be sure to lube up the rubber s underneath to make it easy to take off in the future