Google Bomb

Chorlton

Anyone else thing that todays picture on Google home page looks like a bomb - or IED as they've now taken to calling them?

I know it's meant to be an electromagnet and a compass but it does look like a stick of dynamite and a clock!

Also, why are things that the armed forces use to 'legitimately' kill people called bombs, whislt the things 'terrorists' fight back with are called IEDs?

A bomb is something manufactured in an arms factory for the purpose of killing folk, whilst an IED is something made in Johnny Jihad's flat in Bradford/Helmand and consists of fertiliser, chemicals, glass jars and sticky backed plastic for the purpose of killing folk in the name of Allah. HTH

A bomb is something manufactured in an arms factory for the purpose of killing folk, whilst an IED is something made in Johnny Jihad's flat in Bradford/Helmand and consists of fertiliser, chemicals, glass jars and sticky backed plastic for the purpose of killing folk in the name of Allah. HTH

True.

It is a recent distinction though isn't it? I remember back in the 80's the IRA were running amok killing people with bombs and sending bomb-threats. No mention of IEDs.

I guess the media/government needed a way to distinguish between the two, so bombing is what nation states do, whereas using IEDs is something that terrorists do. A bomb is only an IED that's been tested.

American Deaths in Iraq 4400ish

Iraqis civilians killed in iraq 1.2 million (i am sure they were all terrorists *insert sarcasm* even the women and children)

Seems our bombs are more effective than there IED's at killing...

Rules of engagement! Cock!!

Did Johnny Jihad sign the Geneva convention?

I didn't think so, So how about we level the playing field and play by his rules.

Let see how appealing martyrdom looks then!:rolleyes:

Rules of engagement! Cock!!

Did Johnny Jihad sign the Geneva convention?

I didn't think so, So how about we level the playing field and play by his rules.

Let see how appealing martyrdom looks then!:rolleyes:

Trouble is if we did that some self important human rights group would prosecute the MOD for war crimes :thumbdwn:

Trouble is if we did that some self important human rights group would prosecute the MOD for war crimes :thumbdwn:

If you're not for us.............................................

Throw them a rifle and tell them to run:thumbup: