PS3 Slim

SnailUK

Anyone been watching the Sony announcements of the last couple of days?

The new PS3 Slim is now popping up everywhere, for about £250. Good price, pity it still looks like a (smaller) George Foreman grill :D

George Forman :rofl:

It looks nice, but that's not enough for me to get one over my existing 40Gb 'old school'. I'd maybe tempted if I didn't have one already.

Steve

Buy an estate and put it in the boot! :)

You'll have no chance fitting it in the glovebox.:rofl: They dont show a picture of the power cord because like the Slim PS2 the space saving technique is to move the big power inverter from inside the and put it on the power cord.

Can't wait for the slimline Xbox 360 oh wait a minute they have already done the "space saving" technique, just think how big it would have been if they put the power inverter inside the console not to mention the extra heat.

Looks pap...

What extra features have they culled to get to this version???

edit: its lost the ability for 3rd party OS install, and no ps2 backwards compat...

its gained bravia-control (sonys version of CEC - remote over HDMI)

Sorry, speaking generally to 'you', the Eggbox crowd :P

Has never bothered me anyway; never quite sure why you'd want to play old games on a new console :confused:

Steve

Sorry, speaking generally to 'you', the Eggbox crowd :P

Has never bothered me anyway; never quite sure why you'd want to play old games on a new console :confused:

Steve

If you already have PS2 games you want to play , chances are you already have a PS2.

It doesn't worry me much either.