Coming Home/Leave Home and Xenon Lights

Its the function I deactivated in the first place.

The same here:thumbup:

I really don't understand switching xenons short time unnecessary. The fog lights i think could be a better choice....

Approaching my car at 5am when its pitch black means the leaving home lights are invaluable. I've had it switched on since I first got the car and the xenons are still fine at 108,000 miles.

It wasn`t really mostly because I feared an early wearing. It simply annoyed me when I had to return to the car repeatedly. And my car parks only 5 feet away from my door. So it would only be showing off.

It wasn`t really mostly because I feared an early wearing. It simply annoyed me when I had to return to the car repeatedly. And my car parks only 5 feet away from my door. So it would only be showing off.

The coming/leaving home function isn't suitable for everyone. If my car was parked in the drive or a lit garage I think I would turn it off myself :thumbup:

It would be nice if the feature could be activated on a one off basis via the key fob (double click of the unlock button for instance).

• 3 months later...

Hello. I'll restart this post cause I got a little problem with CH/LH (coming home/leaving home) in Octavia 2 FL.

Few questions:

1. Can CH/LH be enbled WITHOUT the light sensor??

2. Can anyone paste coding of module 9-central electrics from the SKODA OCTAVIA 2 FL(!) where the CH/LH is really working?? (car without light sensor). PLEASE.

The problem is, that I wanted to turn on those options (CH/LH) in few O2 FL. I found them in VCDS, and turned on. On MAXIDOT appeared new functions - "Coming Home" and "Leaving Home". Of course there was a possibility of changing time, but it didn't work! Closing and opening the car with the key buttons doesn't turn on the lights. More.... when I turned off those options in VCDS, the functions remained on MAXIDOT. I can't get in those to change the time or turn off, but they are still there. Is it normal??

I'll be gratefull for resolving my problem.

Greetings,

Mike

Edited by Mike 'kropeck'

I read an article in a trade newsletter while waiting for tyres the other day which suggested that these systems (auto lights, coming home lights, drl etc) are just cynical ploys to get us to blow more bulbs (and therefore buy more replacements). I immediately stopped using them, being northern and a bit tight.

By the way, if your xenons go, don't go to a dealer (250 quid a pop). You can buy genuine Philips xenon hid bulbs off "an auction site" for less than 30 and fit them yourself if you can spare 20 minutes and a skinned knuckle.

I have this set for 'leaving home' and I personally find it useful. I probably wouldn't enable it if I had xenons though as the ballasts don't particularly like being fired up, then turned off after 10s. It's going to shorten their life.

Steve

I have bi-xenon and coming home/leaving home function on my Toledo - it's now over 4 years old and no xenon system failure as yet. :yes:

John.

I've had tunnel lights. coming home/leaving home lights on since new and my xenons are starting to dim a little now and could do with being replaced - I don't think that's too bad after 117k and 3 years considering the car has probably run with it's lights on most of the time.

It looks like i'll be paying about £110 for a decent pair of 4300K OE lamps rather than £50 for the dubious Chinese lamps that flod ebay and similar sites.

I don't think these auto lighting systems are any sort of cynical ploy - purely a safety feature considering the number of tits who drive about with no lights on at dusk and pouring rain on the motorway.

• 1 month later...

Ask yourself this Mike, do you really want your headlights being turned on unnecessarily during daylight hours?

as a matter of fact - YES I DO. I want to decide when to turn those functions ON. If in the older O2 there is a possibility to turn those ON, why the hell I can't do it on newer one.

I'll still want those codes, so if anyone would be so kind....

Edited by Mike 'kropeck'

Hello.

I find CH/LH rather useful as I have to park in dark places sometimes and I tend to forget to activate night light on my driveway, so I have to stumble from garage to front door. However, I've seen on my friend's Audi A4 that CH/LH lights are activated on front foglights instead of main lights (xenons). Can this be done on Octavia i.e. is there a way to 'divert' CH/LH to front foglights or DRLs using VCDS/Vagcom/dealer?

As many others here, I wouldn't like to have to change bulbs / ballasts prematurely...

TIA

Also, I don't like xenons going off and on again between turning off the engine (lights off as well) and opening the driver's door (light back on again). Rather stupid :dull: . I've managed to train myself to open the door before turning off the engine, but every now and then I forget myself...