Fabia 1 Syphony & Ipod help

Have posted this elsewhere but was pointed to this forum, hope you can help

Hi I have just installed a Connects2 Ipod kit to my Symphony HU, it only took me half hour and I'm a numpty when it comes to this sort of thing, even got the wires into the glovebox.

Anyway - now need to get it working so need some help;

The Ipod charges whilst plugged in but I can't get my HU to switch over to the CD changer mode, how do I do this?

I assume I have plugged into the correct slot (top right corner as you look at the back of the HU).

Also is the screw (covered by the rubber cap) in the center of the HU an earth point? I have currently got my earth connected to that.

I did find a topic illustrating the answers to the above but can't seem to find it any more.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Thanks, I have the earth attached to the screw/bolt under the rubber cap in the centre rear of the HU, is this ok? it would appear to make contact with the back metal plate which contacts where your picture indicates.

Thanks

Tom

Press CD

Then press 1

When you press CD, holding it in for a second or two might help.

Then, if you already have a CD in the single CD slot on the head unit, try selecting button 2 once you have pressed CD.