VRS vs Audi TT 3.2 / Golf R32

Answer me this peeps, Should a STANDARD Octavia VRS Mk1 pull away from an Audi TT 3.2 Quattro Mk1, or a VW Golf R32 Mk4 from a standing start, to the point where it overtakes and gets ahead? Or is this a sign that the car has been chipped/remapped?

Apart from testing cars aginst each other, any other way to tell if a car has been remapped?

Genuine reason for asking, not another "my car is quicker than yours thread".

Thanks!

No.

R32 - 237bhp, 1512kg, 6.4s to 60mph

TT 3.2 - 246bhp, 1490kg, 6.3s to 60mph

vRS - 180bhp, 1375kg, 7.6s to 60mph

If mapped, I expect you could have them, since they weigh so much more.

Thanks Bodge and Babber! I got a feeling that its been mapped then! If I took it to a Revo dealer could they confirm that they, or someone else has altered the program?

Also, would this kind of performance be achievable with a stage 1 map? The car has a standard intercooler, exhaust, filter etc....so it would remap to around 210bhp right? Would that produce TT/R32 beating results? (Straight line only!)

Should see 210bhp on standard everything with just a map.

Like I said, would possibly creep up on it from a standing, non-launch start. Then the V6's would claw that back heading towards 100mph.

Then again, I'd say the results are more based on the driver as there would realistically be very little in it.

Guest westallc

an r32 driven properly will eat the floor of a standard vrs and so will the audi im guessing the drivers where not very good and prob changing gear very early causing you to be faster. even a mapped one with standar other bits will still be eaten by them..

but i would say its all about the driver and how they drive it :thumbup:

Edited by westallc

cant really agree as the friend I know has had 2 r32s - both of which slower than focus rs and 'mapped' vrs from a start - however he kicks relative *** on a trackday so knows how to drive.

theres no skill in planting throttle and reving tits off a car lol

There is very little in it with the R32, and the TT will be driven by a hairdresser so no probs there (joking here!)

A remapped vRS will be a good match for both, but I firmly believe the R32 and TT would be better handling.

Guest westallc

a standard vrs will not beat the above simple as

a mapped vrs would prob beat them to the 100 but above dont think so

a proper modded and mapped vrs will eat them for breakfast as long as there in standard form:thumbup:

Guest westallc
:rofl:

Oh my ribs!

:rofl:

an r32 driven properly will eat the floor of a standard r32

Would this class it as a Cat D write off.

copy and paste copy and paste :rofl:

R32 as standard has 157 ps/tonne

Audi TT 3.2 Quattro and the A3 3.2 Quattro have 161 ps/tonne

The vRS as standard has 135 ps/tonne and remapped to about 215bhp with no other mods 161 ps/tonne so a remapped one could possibly pull slightly ahead of a standard R32 but should be neck and neck with the Audis.

As someone else has said though it depends more on the driver!