VRS vs Audi TT 3.2 / Golf R32

erm,

id say 4wd ftw from standing!

Yes, better traction.

but...

R32 as standard has 157 ps/tonne

Audi TT 3.2 Quattro and the A3 3.2 Quattro have 161 ps/tonne

The vRS as standard has 135 ps/tonne and remapped to about 215bhp with no other mods 161 ps/tonne.

This theoretical 161 ps/tonne re-mapped vRS, once rolling, would have less drivetrain losses than either Quattro or R32 & so prob slightly quicker.

My Mk1 octy vrs has revo map to approx 210bhp/232 lb/ft and no other mods.

On the move it will see off (just) an A4 3.0tdi quattro 233. I know this as fact. This gives some idea of the performance available once on the move but we must remember the rs is frontwheel drive only and against the R32/TT 3.2 it is going to struggle for traction off the line, when everyone is 'trying'.

A BMW 330i (230bhp) give more or less the same acceleration as mine upto silly speed (sorry officer), but again has the edge from a standing start.

FWD is poo in this respect.Even if traction off the line were not a problem i think a rs with similar power figures to mine will struggle to reach 60 much quicker than high sixes.

Just my two penneth. Love my car tho'.

Jim