Any 2.0 FSI owners ?

Justa

Hello again

I'll keep it short !

What is the 2.0 fsi engine like in the Octavia ? I believe its 148 bhp and 148 llb of torque.

I know its going to be a lot slower than my Ibiza FR Tdi (with a gentle remap) but I like a bit of performance !

Can the engine be remapped ? if so what sort of sensible gains can be achieved ?

Hello again

I'll keep it short !

What is the 2.0 fsi engine like in the Octavia ? I believe its 148 bhp and 148 llb of torque.

I know its going to be a lot slower than my Ibiza FR Tdi (with a gentle remap) but I like a bit of performance !

Can the engine be remapped ? if so what sort of sensible gains can be achieved ?

I have the 2.0 fsi and i have only had the car a week but i find it has alot of torque in the engine and isn't slow from 0-60. I dont know about remaps ect as i havent had the car long.

i am getting around 30 mpg according to the computer around town and mild motorway use. (if its any help my dad says it has better torque than his 320 bmw tdi)

I have no complaints with it.

Hope this is some help.

Mark

im a 2.0 fsi owner, fsi sport to be precise. This week ive average 39mpg in the petrol, my average over the past year and a bit is 37mpg (click on the fuel info below to see more detail). Its not slow but its not a vrs but does have plenty of power there if needed and can on the german autobahn get up to 144mph on the talex device.

I would get another one, so they cant be that bad.

oh and a company down kent way can remap it, think its about 20bhp extra they can get out of it, you will have to ask a member called makefish as he did find it for me, but think its a few hundred quid for it.

I've had my 06 reg since jan 09, just a plain old FSI i think, not the sport, dont know what the difference is anyway.

I had a seat toledo 1.9 TDI before. Obviously it uses more fuel than the diesel, but performance is better, and much roomier inside.

Around town it does 30-35mpg, and on a longer run usually about 40mpg. Which i think is pretty good for a 2 litre petrol. Plenty of power for the real world, but that depends on what you are used to having.

No idea about re-maps, standard spec is good enough for me.

I'm very happy with it, but i did have a gearbox bearing fail, probably a one off rather than a common fault, it was fixed under warranty.

Will you notice the difference between the FSI and the TFSI?

You bet your life you will :)

yep no doubt I would - I'm just not keen on the additional expense !

just after something bigger, more comfortable but with a bit of go

perhaps the 140 TDi would be better...

Will you notice the difference between the FSI and the TFSI?

You bet your life you will :)

But the TFSI only comes on a VRS :rolleyes:

Yes the FSI is OK, but I'd much rather have the 1.8TSI. If like the 1.8T 20v in my Mk1 then I'd like it much better than the 2.0 FSI.

Uptake is as quick, huge flat spot between 55 and 65/70mph then gets going again. It is a nice grunty sounding engine though IMO.

But the TFSI only comes on a VRS :rolleyes:

Yes the FSI is OK, but I'd much rather have the 1.8TSI. If like the 1.8T 20v in my Mk1 then I'd like it much better than the 2.0 FSI.

Uptake is as quick, huge flat spot between 55 and 65/70mph then gets going again. It is a nice grunty sounding engine though IMO.

hmm interesting - shame that as between 55-70 is when you need a bit of poke...

1.8 tsi is 160 bhp ?

thanks folks - any others ?

sms - what else have you owned just to compare ?

ive had many own cars and company cars the only thing that matches mine that ive driven recently was a golf tdi. the passat tdi seemed to be quicker but only slightly but did feel like it had a bit more torque.

• 1 year later...

56 plate 2.0 fsi laurent and klement owner here. had car about 8 months and love it to bits. fast enough for me but theres always room for a lil more speed. Only problem i have is that around town i get roughly 25mpg and mototrway id be lucky to hit 35mpg. dont know maybe its my heavy right foot maybe wrong. Also noticed once or twice a wine when accelerating hard like a turbo squeel but you have to really listen to hear it, maybe thats why mpg is a lil low. anybody who wants to point me in right direction as to wether its ok mgp or should i get it looked at the help would be much appreciated.

:rofl:

cheekybum1977

Hi

Not got the 2.0 FSI, but if you want to get decent gains from a remap then you basically need an engine with a turbo.

I have the 1.8 TSI and recommend that. 160 BHP stock and 200+ remapped (not done this as only 1 year old). On paper it's only got an additional 10 HP over the 2.0 FSI, but many think the rating is conservative and anyway you get 50 NM more torque and it comes in much earlier (1,500 revs not 3,500).

Simon

Hi

Not got the 2.0 FSI, but if you want to get decent gains from a remap then you basically need an engine with a turbo.

I have the 1.8 TSI and recommend that. 160 BHP stock and 200+ remapped (not done this as only 1 year old). On paper it's only got an additional 10 HP over the 2.0 FSI, but many think the rating is conservative and anyway you get 50 NM more torque and it comes in much earlier (1,500 revs not 3,500).

Simon

I have the 2.0 fsi in Elegance form. Plenty of power for me, and peak mpg is above 40 on a long motorway cruise.

Fwiw I thought the sport was a bit under equipped ie: you don't get parking beepers,dual climate or the jumbo box mp3 connector, which are really handy things to have imo.

If you get one make sure there is plenty of life in the clutch - they aint cheap. ;(

I did a direct swap, 2.0FSi Elegance for 1.8TSi Elegance about 2.5 years ago. No comparison IMHO. The 1.8 goes like a rocket whenever required.

Also seems to have better electronics. Doesn't drop into limp mode like the FSi did at drop of a hat!