Should there be a frost warning?

boyced

Mine used to make a noise, but since it's last service it doesn't. It used to scare the crap out of me first thing in the morning so I don't miss it. I guess it can be turned on and off via the diagnostics tool they use.

If you turn the car on and its already below 5 degrees outside you get no bong, but if youre driving along and the temp drops to 5 degrees or below then you get a bong and a flashing temp thing with a * next to it. Thats what it does on my furby anyway so it might be different on an octy :confused: :)

the above does make more sence, then a 'bong' when you get in to your car...i surpose it alerts you to the potencial danger of ice while travelling..and the fact there are too many beep and bongs to begin with anyway!!!

becuase i run my petrol right down the low petrol warning beep goes off every time you get in you have to put up with the beeps telling you to put your seat belt on and now i have the cold wether one to look forward too !

Joel

having experienced it yet, no doubt it'll frighten the **** outta me on the way home at some point. Saying that i have the music too loud to hear beeps and bongs half the time.

I just get the * next to the temp, with no noise.

thats all I got, when I got in the car it was 8c I think. When driving it did change from the time display to outside temperature.

No noise though, and I do get a noise if I don't put my seat belt on before starting the engine. And if the go-go juice is getting a bit low!

Is it normal for a dealer to turn of the noise for the frost warning? My Parents Bora does it, they now think their 1.6 SE bora is far superior!

Just get the dealer to re-enable it.

My Parents Bora does it, they now think their 1.6 SE bora is far superior!

Hmmm, so your parents are none too clued up about cars then? Just point out you have an extra 12 valves under the hood. :)

Ok' date=' an extra 4 then.

I'd imagine that the VAG com tool would do it as it can do everything a dealer can and more, but you'd have to ask some of our expert members on that note.[/quote']

and a big beefy turbo! Thats all that matters :cool:

Just need an expert member now, anyone care to help?

Exactly the same here on my Octy vRS. Temp. when got in car was 3.5C and snowflake came on display. However, did read in earlier posts that it only makes noise if start with temp. above certain limit and then it drops down.

don't think it will bong at all! Manual just says about the snow flake!

Hate to say it but the fabia is more advanced, even wips the back window in your reversing and the front wipers are on! Even reno's have that!