What engine is this???

nutskoda

Hi can anyone tell me ,,i have a octavia 1.6 sri 2001 ,,the engine in this has a diffrent set up then other 1.6i octavia the mannual dose not have this engine in it ,some of the parts are the same but the cooling system is different ,,so when i go to order parts they do not have that part,or the part is diffrent ,,

Yes it is a bfq but the parts are different i tried to get bfq parts and they are not the same i had to get a thermostat the bfq parts were diffrent ,,i tried a audi a3 that part fitted i dont know about other parts ifi knew what engine or set up it was it would be easyer to get parts ,,,,,,,, thanks ,,,,,,,

Yes it is a bfq but the parts are different i tried to get bfq parts and they are not the same i had to get a thermostat the bfq parts were diffrent ,,i tried a audi a3 that part fitted i dont know about other parts ifi knew what engine or set up it was it would be easyer to get parts ,,,,,,,, thanks ,,,,,,,

Take a photo and put it up on here and we should be able to help. I have a 1.6SR (BFQ) engine, and I can post one as a comparison if its any help. I had problems with my thermostat not too long ago, the garage sourced the parts and replaced it without any trouble though.

If the thermostat housing has a sensor connection then it is probably a BFQ.

If the engine has been exchanged, it could be any of five engines. All the engines except the AEE have similar power.

The engine type should be stamped on the engine head/block. Failing that, if you post the part number of the thermostat, then someone can check which engine it is for.