Remap on 1.9tdi 100bhp?

Gti Fly

Considering remapping my standard 2002 (72,000 miles) Fabia.

Wanting bit more power, smoother power, not out and out power because I don't want to upgrade brakes and suspension to cope (I've still got my R32 to go bonkers in).

Any recommendations for remaps?

Revo?

R-tech (fairly nearby to me)

Jabba (fairly nearby too)

Superchips

My friend has a Mk5 R32 Golf with Revo remap. He also have the corresponding SPS Revo switch (2 buttons), will this be compatible for my car?

Just out of interest, what mileage do you have leodhasach?

I keep considering getting mine done but the mileage has ticked over 100K now. I read once that one of the company's listed did a car with 172K and considered it one of the best maps they'd every done. I think I just have more cause for concern with the extra wear on the turbo/clutch and the financial implications of needing to replace them sooner than expected!

Just out of interest, what mileage do you have leodhasach?

I keep considering getting mine done but the mileage has ticked over 100K now. I read once that one of the company's listed did a car with 172K and considered it one of the best maps they'd every done. I think I just have more cause for concern with the extra wear on the turbo/clutch and the financial implications of needing to replace them sooner than expected!

My car ticked over 30,000 miles just the other day :o

I had mine mapped at approx 90k miles

I do high mileage , so I didnt go for the all out power

I needed MPG too , so 141 and good fuel economy :thumbup:

As I said I am on 170k miles now

Not many issues at all

I am on the 2nd MAF , first one replaced at approx 50k miles before the remap

I had a brake down , due to a snapped wire , replaced battery.......not much else

Sarah

I had my wife's Fabia Mk2 1.9TDI (105ps) remapped by R-Tech. They are very nearby to me, and the price was very favourable. Good, smooth, power delivery. They certainly seem to know what they are doing and couldn't have been more helpful.

I had my wife's Fabia Mk2 1.9TDI (105ps) remapped by R-Tech. They are very nearby to me, and the price was very favourable. Good, smooth, power delivery. They certainly seem to know what they are doing and couldn't have been more helpful.

I'm sure i read on here somewhere that someone had a rempa from R-Tech for around £200.. which certainly sounds appealing

Reading Awsomesarahs mpg , im going to have get mime remapped. If im lucky i can manage 45 mpg . i dont boot it much and travel 10 miles to work on the motorway. I might have to look at putting in a new thermostat though as it takes 5 miles to get up to running temp. How long does everyone elses take to warm up?

Reading Awsomesarahs mpg , im going to have get mime remapped. If im lucky i can manage 45 mpg . i dont boot it much and travel 10 miles to work on the motorway. I might have to look at putting in a new thermostat though as it takes 5 miles to get up to running temp. How long does everyone elses take to warm up?

Diesel engines take forever to warm up, certainly a lot longer than petrol engines.

I'm taking my 1.9TDi PD100 down to P-Torque in Wolverhampton on Saturday (Yes, from Glasgow... :o), so I can report back to you after that!

Seems a long way to go for a remap. I had both our cars (including SWMBO's PD100 Fabia Elegance Estate now at 140bhp) remapped more than three years ago by Angel Tuning with absolutely no problems since. Paul, of Angel Tuning, came to my house from Ardrossan and did the job for me at just over £200 for each car. The subsequent performance increase to both my Golf & SWMBO's Fabia is incredible ! :D

Chip Tuning VW, BMW, Audi and Alfa Romeo - Angel Tuning

Then it seemed to go down slightly , for some reason , then another mile later up to normal running temp :thumbup:

That'll be when the thermostat opened, and all that cold water from the radiator flooded in, it's pretty chilly on a morning now;)

Seems a long way to go for a remap. I had both our cars (including SWMBO's PD100 Fabia Elegance Estate now at 140bhp) remapped more than three years ago by Angel Tuning with absolutely no problems since. Paul, of Angel Tuning, came to my house from Ardrossan and did the job for me at just over £200 for each car. The subsequent performance increase to both my Golf & SWMBO's Fabia is incredible ! :D

Chip Tuning VW, BMW, Audi and Alfa Romeo - Angel Tuning

I'm just happiest with the communication I received from Will at P-Torque, some of the more local tuners didn't seem too bothered to answer my questions or part me with my cash...plus I'm turning it into a wee road trip...plus I'm mad :o