Skweaking noise when releasing clutch

vicfurpac

Hi folks.

I've started to hear this skweaking noise not allways but sometimes when releasing the clutch pedal during shifting. Car runs nice don't feel no slipping and has good grip when taking off. Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks in advance.

It sounds more like it's coming from the engine like a rotating skweak while releasing the clutch. The car was sitting for a few months on the dealer before I bought it. Did a semi inspection at 122.000kms like changing engine oil, coolant, brake disks and pads, engine drive kit and belts but didn't touch the clutch for it felt ok. Now this skweaking noise is coming up not very often though but to me it feels like clutch related in the engine while releasing the same. I'm going to check the gear box oil level to see if there's any diferrence in colour and consistency. Let you guys know if I find out anythimg meanwhile sugestions are welcome.

Thanks.

I'd guess (but it is a guess) at a worn clutch, purely on the basis that the wife's Mk2 Polo exhibited similar-sounding issues, but make sure you check all the engine mounts first.