no one is able to fix my xenon adjustment

Mohamed Nassar

i am really lost, my new octavia 2009 facelift new shape with xenon + AFSII

i need to adjust the xenon , i bought the ross-tech cable , i cant adjust it , i get totaly diff msg than the msgs i found here in the forums

i am totaly lost, and the dealer is saying it is fine , but no it is not , it is set too high

anyone here with the new headlight can assist me ????

regards

Mohamed

i went to the dealer and as expected they said everything is working fine

but in fact it is not, it is not illuminating the street , and almost all coming cars flashes to me

what am i supposed to do !!!!

i bought the vag-com interface and i tried to adjust it myself but i failed , what appears to me is diff from what is published here

not again, what didnt you understand last week when you were told not to touch it with vag com and take it to the garage.

The dealer network in Egypt will not support him, and dont seem familiar with Xenons let alone an FL.

Mohamed, the FL is very new, and very few technicians here are familiar with it. Repeated questions on this will not generate a quicker response.

Please keep to one thread on this matter. Any others you make on the same subject will simply be merged with this one.

Thank you for your understanding on this matter

Thats a bit harsh Mike IMO.

Sure he was advised to let the dealer sort it out, but they didn't want to know by saying "it is fine", it's not as if he can just drive a few miles to the next Skoda dealer is it?

I know for sure if it was me and i was being fobbed off by Skoda like that i would get it done myself, the last thing you need is for everyone to be flashing you because your xenons are blinding them (although of all the times i have been to Egypt it has be said 99% of the drivers drive on sidelights anyway!)

But Mohamed please take heed of some of the advice given, look on the Ross-Tech site and read up how to adjust xenons correctly, it's all on there. most importantly though BEFORE you change anything save a copy of a scan and write down any codes you are about to change, so if it does go nipples skywards you can always put it back to the way it was.

I hadn't seen all of them but had seen a couple, the big problem is a corrupt set of idiots running the local dealer from what i can see, they have little clue about fixing or diagnosing the car either.

I agree he shouldn't let his 'friend' near the car who by the sounds of things hasn't got a clue either.

VCDS is a pretty powerful tool which provided it is used correctly can be wonderful, the thing to remember though is to do your homework BEFORE changing ANYTHING and to keep a written note of codes that you are changing so you can always revert back to std if need be.

Another thing, just because you can change to coding if the car does not have the hardware to support it then it will never work.

i dont know why you are all attacking me, first of all the friend with vag-com ,is not just a friend, he is an engineer working for skoda dealer here, he bought vag-com and he is going to open his own service garage.

second i followed the advice and i went to the skoda dealer, as i said before i am not under warranty, after several discussions i accepted to pay for the xenon adjustment, and they said it is fine while it is not

by the way if it was not fine they were going to adjust it using the manual screws only, this is what i heard from technicians working there.

third i didnt pay for the vag-com to mess with my car , specially i paid about 26000 euro to get it, i did because i have problems driving at night, first coming cars flashes to me , and more important the road in front of me is not well lightened as the xenon is set high, so i was taking bump, and as you know there is alot of bumps here in Egypt so i was going to hurt the suspension.

and finally i amnot just a car driver, i am an engineer too , i amnot mechanical , but i have the sense of engineer , so before doing any thing i take as much precautions as possible , by saving all data to be able to restore back in case of problems.

so please stop attacking me, i am really lost this is the only way for me

Mike you have beaten me to it, RING SKODA HEAD OFFICE explain to them the problem and what the garage have done. Im just wondering if the kick up is kicking up to the wrong side and its that thats causing the problem.

You could search for Mater's Flat beaming technique and flat beam the lights, but again we dont take responsibility and i still suggest ringing skoda hq and tell them that skoda egypt have messed your car up can they send a technician who can spell his name and dress himself in the mornings to come look at your car.

If it helps mention that if they cannot sort it out that you are a member of a huge international skoda club with half a million members, for some reason skoda are often quicker to help out ;)

hello guys

i know that i bothered you all by posting a lot of threads for the same subject, but as you can see, i am really stuck

i contacted skoda czeck republic and unfortunately no one helped me, i will try again

as you know i was calling them from Egypt , when i start to tell them the problem , i get transferred to another person , till the line is down

so i tried sending several mails and only i got a rely out of office msg :(

so that's y i tried to handle it myself

i am sorry again if i posted a lot of threads concerning same subject

Mohamed, going forwards if you could stick to this one thread and update as developments happen that would be great.

It would also help people that may be able to assist you know which thread to reply to.

Can anyone in Qatar help you with instructions that you can get to Skoda in Egypt?