Door rubstrips

DeeBe

Hello all.

I was wondering, are the door rub strips just stuck on or are they pinned on? I have mornings off all this week, so was planning to waste my time (I mean spend my time valuably) removing them.

My friend had a Lupo and his were stuck on, but don't want to start if they are pinned.

Cheers in advance!

Dave.

I would think very carefully about doing so if you have to leave your car in car parks.

I was toying with the idea but recently came out to a small but deep gouge out of one of them. I dread to think what that would have done to the door if the plastic strip wasn't there.

Plus even with them removed the doors aren't smooth.

Good news then Oggy!!! However, I never thought about what lordrobs has mentioned...

...my car is in a tight carpark during the day at work - and I can't be chewed sourcing a new set to have em cc'd.

Hmm... food for thought, cheers for all the info people.

Hello Deebe,

The strips are stuck on. I took the plunge on my black vRS and am very happy with the results. I just got sick of cleaning the car and then getting back to black or anything similar all over the doors afterwards :thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

A word of warning is the time it will take. The rubbing strips are stuck on with some kind of adhesive which makes superglue seem non-stick :eek::eek:

Be prepared for sore fingers and thumbs from rubbing :thumbdwn::eek:, a bottle or two of tar remover ( I used AG), and a few if not more expletives.

Cheers,

Darren