Parrot in Fabia III Estate 2009

crocster

I have just fitted a CK3200 and it was pretty simple (or it would of been if the wiring loom that comes with the parrot kit had been correct!

One of the +ve feeds was going to the wrong connection of the plug so it needed swapping around - pretty easy to do when you realize the fault!

On mine when the mute wire was connected it also cut out the cruise control (when the hands free kit was in use) so i left all the mute wires disconnected - it now all works perfectly and still mutes the radio :confused:

There were no instructions with my kit as i got it from my brother in law, but it is simple to wire in, you may find it easier if you remove the glove box as well to make securing the control box easier.

On mine when the mute wire was connected it also cut out the cruise control (when the hands free kit was in use) so i left all the mute wires disconnected - it now all works perfectly and still mutes the radio :confused:

That's better than the Skoda Dealer supplied/installed bluetooth kit that doesn't seem to be able to interface with the Dance head unit. Either that I my dealer's technical staff are hopeless!

Pete

Thanks for that - just need to know where to fit all the bits now

Have a look in the Roomster section, I fitted several kits to my old Roomster Scout and it is the same dash as the Fabia 2.

There is a ton of room inside / around / underneath the centre console area in the Fabia2 / Roomster dash. The left plastic cover to the transmission tunnel is held on with Velcro, pull this back and it gives you great access to the back of the stereo etc, the whole stereo binnacle comes out with 8 screws.

I fitted the parrot on mine actually underneath the box containing the heater fan etc, and cable tied it to the floor, it kept all the wires neat, no tight turns or anywhere to get wires pinched. I had a Passat W8 interior light with the mic cutout so ran the mic up into that.

Dashboard wise the fabby2 / roomster are a joy to work on when installing any kind of ice / bt system as there is so much room :)