OCC Installation

Bowders1

Yeah I'm getting my stuff from these guys too. Amazingly they're only 10mins up the road from me so pretty handy!

I'm hoping I can buy the hose and fittings in black, did they give you the option?

Yeah I'm getting my stuff from these guys too. Amazingly they're only 10mins up the road from me so pretty handy!

I'm hoping I can buy the hose and fittings in black, did they give you the option?

I do beleive they did actually.

I probably have neally a meter spare although it is cut in 3 bits if anyone gets stuck.

Gah! Went to get all my bits from those Auto Performance guys at lunch. Got all the joiners and stainless hose clips, even got some for my intake hoses.

But they'd sold out of fluoro hose! Must have been you lot buying it all up! They offered me some rubber 19mm oil hose but it was mega thick and not so flexy.

While I was there I had a look at some 90degree 19mm hose with 150mm leg lengths, which would be perfect for this job (the hoses from the cam cover and crank case). Again, no fluoro option......

I was very tempted to settle for normal silicone by this point. Irritating......

Gah! Went to get all my bits from those Auto Performance guys at lunch. Got all the joiners and stainless hose clips, even got some for my intake hoses.

But they'd sold out of fluoro hose! Must have been you lot buying it all up! They offered me some rubber 19mm oil hose but it was mega thick and not so flexy.

While I was there I had a look at some 90degree 19mm hose with 150mm leg lengths, which would be perfect for this job (the hoses from the cam cover and crank case). Again, no fluoro option......

I was very tempted to settle for normal silicone by this point. Irritating......

Not good, a pain when you can't get the parts.

I do have these off cuts that make up nearly a metre but can't garruntee they will be long enough to make all the fittings. I can measure them to see if they are of any use.

Naa it's alright buddy, cheers for the offer though. I'm just going to order the hose online with them and wait for it. I was just annoyed because I finally have a free weekend to put some time in with the car!

I'm going to have to settle for giving her a polish and maybe wax. And if I get really bored bleed the brakes!

Did you get the tank from JFK Performance Bowders? or did you put there sticker on as i cant find it on there web site.

Cheers

Think you mean JKM performance.

no sorry, just had a few of there stickers from my many visits to JKM and stuck a few here and there..

Bought it here:

Unknown Location....Scary!!!

as part of this group buy.

http://briskoda.net/octavia-i/oil-catch-can/111959/

• 11 months later...

Take it you're referring to this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-4-19mm-Rubber-Marine-Fuel-Oil-Hose-ISO7840-1-Metre-/270615288194?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f01ed9982

just looking for a place where they sell the 19mm oil resistant, flexible silicone line, in black

Edited by G-slave

Take it you're referring to this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-4-19mm-Rubber-Marine-Fuel-Oil-Hose-ISO7840-1-Metre-/270615288194?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f01ed9982

just looking for a place where they sell the 19mm oil resistant, flexible silicone line, in black

Yeah I found that sort of stuff to be as stiff as hell. No way it would work. The silicone stuff is bad enough!

I got this: http://www.auto-performance.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=123&products_id=832

I wanted black too, but had to settle for blue. If you find some black let me know cos I'll get some in.

For the attention of the OP; can you let us know where you found all of the joinery and bracketery etc.

TIA

Hi Buddy,

ok i got my oil resistant hose form here(need 2 metres)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19mm-3-4-Silicone-Fuel-Oil-Hose-Flouro-1-Metre-Blue-/330378006951?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cec1051a7

I also got the t piece from same place (needed to join pipes to OCC)

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/autoperformanceonline/m.html?_nkw=19mm+t+piece&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

I also got the inline connector from same place(needed to join pipe from T Piece to 90' pipe on engine) You can see my pics in the thread.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19mm-3-4-Straight-Plastic-Barbed-Connector-Hose-Joiner-/290371575389?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439b7e9e5d

Plus the jubilee clips from the same place too.

Hope that helps

Edited by Bowders1

another member (snow_muncher) sent me this link, its a good option and cheaper than fluro line.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230445104794

Blimmey Luca you sniff out these bargins don't you matey.

right go find me some Audi TT wishbones and a steering rack.... :rofl:

Hi Guys

do we need to be careful with the cheap stuff? What standard should these Fluoro's meet? What prportion of FSK to filler should you aim for? I know there is an ISO number that these have to meet, so surely cheap is not the way to go???

Hi Guys

do we need to be careful with the cheap stuff? What standard should these Fluoro's meet? What prportion of FSK to filler should you aim for? I know there is an ISO number that these have to meet, so surely cheap is not the way to go???

The original links i listed the hose is made by Forge so is good quality to.

There should be no reason why the cheaper hose would'nt be be ok based on the job it is doing. The important thing is that the hose is lined to withstand oil going through it.

There should be no reason why the cheaper hose would'nt be be ok based on the job it is doing. The important thing is that the hose is lined to withstand oil going through it.

I was thinking that if the lining is too thin, it will deteriorate rapidly, leaving you with a possible split hose. (oil fumes in a hot engine bay...) maybe I am just being overcautious here?

Anyway, did Saikou supply the bracket then?

I was thinking that if the lining is too thin, it will deteriorate rapidly, leaving you with a possible split hose. (oil fumes in a hot engine bay...) maybe I am just being overcautious here?

Anyway, did Saikou supply the bracket then?

No I made the bracket up as the bracket that came from Saikou would of made the OOC sit to close to the panel and hit the rad top pipe( well where i fitted it anyway).

The std bracket my be ok if you routed it elsewhere, but there is limited space in these engine bays

Yes you are a little, this stuff is perfect for what we need, have checked it out and i am happy to fit this to my engine now.

• 4 weeks later...

guys

I am little surprised as to the price being asked for the following: http://www.samcosport.com/uk/downloads/Samco%20Fluoro%20Race%20Parts%20UK%20-%202010.pdf

Talking about their Fluorolined FSHL product which, I believe, is designed to transfer diesel liquid and hence will cope with fumes. Temp and pressure resistance are fine, but price???

It get's better, they sell Oil & Diesel Resistant Xtraflex Hose. Which appears to be priced per 1m; for 19mm bore: £84.04 :o

what am i missing?