DSG with single-mass flywheel?

Humbug

I have read on here that a single-mass (normal) flywheel can be fitted to an manual car in place of the troublesome dual-mass jobbie. My 1.9 TDi has a DSG 'box and has had a replacement dual-mass flywheel at 60,000 miles (at the time I was told that it had been fitted with a revised, up-rated part) and now, at only 93,000 miles is showing signs of needing another one. Can a single-mass flywheel be fitted with the DSG 'box to forever banish this curse on what has been (up to now) a great car?

Wrong. I just had a new DMF put into my DSG unit. They ONLY have the option to have DMF, no SMF flywheel available. To answer the question, yes, I think one could be put in, from a technical standpoint, but they simply don't do one that fits yet, and probably won't. Aftermarket parts for the DSG are hard to get. While A DMF can be obtained rather cheaply for a manual, the DSG is manufacturer only, costing over 500 quid! Mine lasted 102k miles, But I didn't own the car till.... 102k miles! damn. And now it needs a turbocharger! damn my luck.