r32 dogbone mount

adambVRS

Hi can anyone confirm if the r32 dogbone mount will fit the octy vrs as i dont want to poly bush my existing mount as ive heard it is a bit harsh

Sorry if this may have been covered before found some info on ukmkiv but tried a search here and found nothing.

hmm

not too sure mate, if you dont want one too harsh mate then get the TDI superPRO bush,

Buy VAG - Lower Engine Support Bracket Bushes - TDi by PRI Racing Ltd. buy online

it will last a lot longer too, or there is the street one?

I have the Powerflex one as it was a lot cheaper lol and I dont mind the tad of extra engine noise

BIG DIFF MATE,

there is still som hop but not as much and to get it you really need to go for it, gear change is nicer too.

I got mine to protect the engine mounts a bit too as when you get wheel hope the banging you hear is the sound that is going thru the mounts. cant be doin them any good.

after 500-1k mile mate you hardly notice the increase in noise and if you have std zorst then it will be pritty calm ne way, I cant comment on the TDI bush tho but I can remember someone getting one on their car, cant say who tho:confused:

Ok thanks m8 youve made my mind up heading over to ebay for a polyflex one plus £18 is better than the £74 i was going to pay for a r32 one:thumbup:

Also heading to seat tomorrow for a cupra r lower strut brace £13 same as the s3 one any experience with one of these?

Yup lol the S3 one

easy to fit

dont really notice much diff really tho but it does stiffen it up a tad and stops a bit of flex in the subframe. spose I dont really push my car hard enough to get the full benefit of most of the mods I got lol.

dont forget the bolts and the compression nuts, iirc the PN are all in the sticky

lol I usin std 19mm one, if its nockin mate then pos its the retaining bracket on one side thats rusted away and so lettin the bar slip slightly, depending on the year of ur car you could also have the old one that had a plastic insert in the bush shich has been known to come out, I also changed my ARB bushes for the superpro ones again easy to do when you jack up the car and take both wheels off, youll also need new brackets n bolts too.

PN in the sticky.

Yep mines a 2001 with the plastic inserts (now in the bin lol) already replaced the bushes once, got them from euro car parts went ok for about a week then moved and started knocking.

Went to skoda and got some new brackets as they said they were revised slightly different shape but when i asked why it was revised thy didd`nt know ill get some superpro bushes then when i get round to doing it again

made some headway tonight cheers mate!:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up on this ive fitted powerflex bushes in my dogbone mount a bit harsh bit its deffinately cured the wheel hop so am going to stick with it to see if it softens up plus has help me find/sort all my rattles by amplifying them lol.

Fitted superpro ARB bushes sorted the knocking out stopped the bar from moviing (word of advice when fitting replace the standard 8mm bolts with ones twice the length makes the job miles easier)

Not fitted the Leon lower strut as i knackered one of the rivits when trying to fit will have to take another trip to SEAT anyway thanks for all the help guys.:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...